ESP EXP Question

Updated
JEFFJWNZ

This guitar is for sale on Reverb and I’m just looking for more info.  Which of these old ESP Explorers are the most desirable and why?  I like this one, it seems clean, has a trem, but is bolt on.  I would imagine most the more expensive ones are set neck, which models should I look for?

What is a fair price for this guitar?

Thanks,

jeff

https://reverb.com/item/3831793-esp-explorer-e-x-p-with-trem-floyd-rose-james-hetfield-metallica

Pushead

In general, the more like the guitars James Hetfield used on either the self-titled Metallica or ...And Justice for All tours are the most desirable. Set-neck MX shapes like the MX-II or MX-250 (it's the same guitar, just with different names) or the MX-220 are the most desirable (especially with inlays matching James' stage guitars).

Start adding things like Floyd Rose trems or bolt-on necks or LTD logos and they're less desirable, or at least sell for less money.

But if the guitar on Reverb has features you like, who cares how desirable it is to anyone else?

I think the price listed on Reverb is unreasonable, but I'm old and cranky and was lucky enough to buy an MX-II when you could find them used under $2k.

Get off my lawn.

Larry M.

For a more traditional feel and tone prioritize models like the ESP Horizon or the Edwards E-EX series known for their set necks which offer improved sustain and resonance compared to bolt on designs. Regarding pricing it is advisable to research recent sales data on platforms like Reverb to gauge fair market value.
Commercial Cleaning Services in Falls Church VA

Post to Thread