Kirk Hammett 1998 Black Ouija Real or fake??

Updated
vinny g.
Pushead

The guitar is legit. The seller is a dreamer.

vinny g.

Yeah what kind of price you think, i said i would not go over 6K

Pushead

For a bolt-on with no case? I can't believe people get $4k for them. I certainly wouldn't buy it over that price, but I guess people have found value in that guitar.

vinny g.

Well don't really have many choices considering only 91 pieces have been found on the 1998 models, i know its bolt on but i don't see anyone selling neck-body.

They are the first run not the 2009 run so have to put that into the $$$$, i see people selling the 2009's for 9-11,000 those are like wow.

Pushead

I'm going to have to find out the market for mine then. It was ordered as a KH-2 with the moon and star inlays, so a black body with that bolt-on neck:

A previous owner had an Ouija graphic painted on it. The graphic is oversized compared to the one ESP uses, but it's nicely done.

Curious to know what people would think it's worth. Serial number puts it somewhere near the 98 range.

vinny g.

Foundt he original post from guy selling it back in 2007 not a bad job what was cost for you 2400?

SteelEdge
Pushead wrote:

For a bolt-on with no case? I can't believe people get $4k for them. I certainly wouldn't buy it over that price, but I guess people have found value in that guitar.

Last two I sold were over 6k. Bolt On 90's.And last one just took less than an hour to sell.

These guitars have become highly collectible, there is not a lot of them, and prices have raised lately.

You can see the same things in guitars like the Jem 77GMC....not very expensive when released, highly collectibles / very sought after these days.

ESP 348

+1

This is one of Kirk's most famous guitars, so it's definitely a hot item these days.

When I made the decision to start collecting all of Kirk's ESP guitars back in 2010, this was the first one I purchased.

I already had my 2001 KH2 and 2006 KH3 at that time.

vinny g.

I saw in early May one sold for 5100 1998 ESP

Pushead

That's crazy.

Andrew W.

To be honest, unless you’re a hardcore collector of Hammett stuff, go get yourself a custom shop M2 with your own specs on it.

Andrew W.

Or like I did, you can buy yourself an own designed gtr for not too much, mine costs 3000 euro's. I still own a Custom Shop ESP but I wanted an own gtr with an own designed headstock. This one has a flat radius fretboard as well.

I went to visit family in Finland (I live in Belgium) and stopped by at Manninen Custom Guitars and there we discissed all the small details.

Post to Thread