Anybody order a custom recently?

Updated
CreepinDeath81

What was your total build time? Were you able to receive any updates along the way?

mehegama

I did one this April. It usually takes about 1 year if it is not an extravagant build.

Aso

I placed one last October so mine should be on the tail end of hte build time since it's been eight months. I haven't had any updates on the status or progress which is typical from what I have heard. Think the only time they contact you during the build process is if they have questions due to something not being clear on the build sheet.

Scott S.

I ordered one in October as well and at the time was told 8-16 months. I checked in recently and was told that they are taking 12-13 months.

Funkfoot

I have an order from early february. I had a bit of contact with them early on regarding some issues with the specs, and I got some photos from the supplier just a few days ago that show a guitar that seems mostly finished. No word on how much longer it will take until it is completed, but I was told it would take about 8 months at the time.

Did you all order guitars from the USA shop or the Japanese shop?

Aso

My order was from the Japan Custom Shop since I ordered a discontinued body style (NV). The US ESP are not really custom shop since it's a fixed list of body styles and options they will do.

Funkfoot
Aso wrote:

My order was from the Japan Custom Shop since I ordered a discontinued body style (NV). The US ESP are not really custom shop since it's a fixed list of body styles and options they will do.

Mine too. I asked because I have gotten updates on the progress on my guitar both times I've asked for it. I talked to the dealer, who asked the custom shop contact for photos of the guitat to make sure the finish was right, and we got responses within hours or minutes. So I was thinking that the US maybe factory doesn't have someone on customer service duty.

I'd be interested to see a photo of yours on the forum when you get it!

Scott S.

I just got an email from my dealer that my custom will be at his shop on Tuesday and in my hands Wednesday. That makes it 9.5 months. Not too bad! 

CreepinDeath81

Nice, what did you order?

Aso

Very nice.I would of never thought of a graphic like that but it looks amazing. Since you ordered in October, maybe that means mine will be showing up soon.Mine was just a basic single hum NV with a Hannes bridge.

Scott S.

Funkfoot
Scott S. wrote:

Noice!

What's the story behind the graphic?

CreepinDeath81

Michael Wilton if I'm not mistaken.

Scott S.

It’s a replica of Chris Degarmo’s ESP (Queensryche) used back in the day. 

Scott S.

Chris Degarmo!

Gfunk

Custom = Ghey

Scott S.

= Ghey?  

Gfunk

Yes = Ghey.

Aso

Mine showed up for Halloween. Guess it's a sign

Pretty standard NV I would say but the highlights are:

Single Hum (SD Black Winter)

Schaller Hannes bridge

Midnight blue with silver holoflake

Mahogany body, Mahogany/Walnut 5 piece neck

ESP 348

Gorgeous looking guitar man!! Congrats and enjoy.

Breadfan32

Awesome axe!  Post more pics !

Aso

I will get some better ones this weekend and post them.

tx-ogre

Sweet guitar.  Congrats.

Post to Thread