Esp horizon 3 custom shop?

Updated
Chris Dates

Hello guys, just picked this bad boy up and wondering if it was a custom shop? Can't find any info anywhere online.

Gfunk

Cool geetah, congas!  Love that green.

Maiden Tokyo custom shop 2002.

How does it sound?

Chris Dates

Awesome! Sounds amazing, one the best axes I've played. Thanks for the reply.

ESP 348

Love the colour of that guitar, thanks for sharing.

Chris Dates

No problem, I've fallen in love. Just wish ESP would have kept better records pre-2005. Would  love to know if this is a "one off", Only "production" model I see that looks like wasn't in the catalog until 2003? also that one says custom after the Horizon 3 on the headstock. And the color seems different like see thru blueish rather than like emerald green.

ESP 348

Don't worry mate, we ALL wish ESP kept better records of their guitars.

In regards to it being a 'one off', I am not too sure about that as I am sure I have seen this style of guitar before in other colours.

I think I have also seen it in green before also, although it might have even been this guitar I saw in the past. I don't remember the serial number unfortunately.

Either way, you have a very nice guitar man and I hope you enjoy in good health.

Chris Dates

Thank you good Sir.

Chris Dates

I have seen a few kiso factory ones but they all have custom after horizon 3 on the headstock. Only two I've seen were a lighter green " horizon 3 custom" and circa 2003. It's probably not a one off, possibly an original series? Either way the craftsmanship is superb! Have own 4 standard series and this feels like a whole other level. Esp makes some amazing instruments.

Chris Dates

Here is my other beast, I love me some esp! E-ii horizon NT-7B with carpenter fluence pups

tx-ogre

That shade of green is sharp looking.

LK1

Looks like a custom order from the Takada factory (ESP Custom Shop). Serial shows it's the first guitar they built on October 17, 2002.

Chris Dates

That's amazing! My birthday is October 17th! That really makes this a special guitar! Thanks so much for the reply! October 17, 2002 was my 16th birthday also the same day I bought my first ESP a LTD H-301. Super awesome 15 years later with a Custom shop built on my birthday.

Gfunk

Takada / Tokyo whatever.....  Same difference.

It is a production custom, not a one off.  ESP offered the Horizon and Horizon 3 in both see thru aqua STAQ and amber sunburst ASB in the early - mid 2000's.

Chris Dates

I e-mailed ESP and the facebook both places said it was emerald green not STAQ. So pretty exited about that! ESP Guitars Facebook told me " It's an ESP Horizon 3 from our custom shop in Japan. Flamed maple top in Emerald Green finish. What else did you want to know?

LK1

The guitar isn't a production custom or Original series. Original series don't have 'T' serials or a circle logo. The "ESP Custom series" production models were only made available since 2003, and the Horizon 3 Custom (MSRP: $3,999) had "Horizon 3 Custom" written on the headstock. On the custom quote page of the ESP site, the 'Headstock Logo' part had a drop-down menu with 4 options: 1) ESP; 2) ESP Custom; 3) ESP (Model Name), 4) Other. If you picked the third option, you would get a guitar with "Horizon-3" written on the headstock.

It's a custom order Horizon 3 that looks similar to the 'Horizon 3 Custom' from the Custom series. They're all from the custom shop though so there isn't much of a difference.

Chris Dates

Thank you so much for the reply LK1, truly appreciate it. Love the guitar, honestly since i got this my E-II NT-7B isn't seeing much play lol. This guy just has "extra mojo" ? or something. Not sure but I love it! Thank you everyone who has contributed or commented truly humbled.

Gfunk

Yeah, you are probably right.  It just looks exactly like the production custom Horizon 3 available in 2003, only a year earlier.  

After looking at my production custom of 2003 it has a Kiso serial number not Tokyo.

Have fun regardless!

Post to Thread