Different Color Sig Models?

Updated
Different Color Sig Models?

Hi all.  

I'm a noob to the forums (though not to ESP guitars), so please forgive me, as I'm sure this question has been asked somewhere before.  At any rate, is it possible to get a custom shop signature series guitar in a different color?  For example, could I ask for a red KH-Ouija (if they'll even make those, considering all the intellectual property rights surrounding the Ouija imagery, etc.) or a gray Hetfield Iron Cross?  For that matter, will they make you older sig models at all?  Could I ask for like a NTB KH-3 or something?  Not really sure how it all works, so any help would be super appreciated.  

Thanks friends!

Pushead

The short answer is it depends on the artist.

From what I've read on this forum (and a few others) is they typically don't allow changes to sig models. There is a member here that recently received a neck-through KH-3 from the Custom Shop. I suspect that change wasn't a big deal, especially considering the Kirk's original is neck-through.

Big Daddy B

So here is my take on this. The Ouija you are probably out of luck due to the intellectual rights. The older sigs like the KH3 and KH4 they will still make as custom orders. I recently had them build me each. Would they do different colors? I am not 100% sure but I think they will. I have seen the Kh-3 done in sunburst and trans blue. But, I think I also saw somewhere (maybe here) that someone wanted to order a Hetfield model in a different color and ESP said James wouldn't allow that so what Pushead said may be correct about it depending on the artist.

Only way to find out for sure is submit a request through a dealer or ask on the Ask ESP section.

ESP 348

I guess ESP could build the guitar you want and then you could take the guitar to someone to paint it a different colour for you.

Post to Thread