Custom Shop Eclispe info

Updated
danloads

Hi guys....I picked up this beauty from a mate who got it new from a esp dealer in the states, the dealer said it was a custom shop order that was never picked up.

It seems to be a set thu or a neck thu? not sure...it has a peizo in the bridge and has a selector like a strat. 

The only thing ive changed is the pick ups and added the racing stripes and truss rod cover.

I own many ESP's so Im pretty sure its original, it plays as smooth as butter and the attention to detail is what you'd expect from a custom shop ESP. If it is fake i'd love to know who made it as i'd start playing their guitars....lol

would love to know what the wood is, it seems a little bright sounding to be mahogany but has the sustain for days...It could be a rock maple neck thru with mahogany wings maybe? it's hard to see in the pics but the neck is a very bright color wood.

Also the horn isn't the usual thing ESP do but it being a custom shop it could be a custom shape.

Might be a long shot but any info identifying it would be great.

Serial is T0612203

Pushead

I'd like to see better photos of the guitar, especially the ESP inlay.  If/when you upload them, select the "large" setting in the photo options.

The neck is certainly maple, of that there is no doubt.  The rest, seems a bit off to me.  The serial number format seems right, but the rest seems a bit wonky.  The control cavity seems off; the shape of the headstock, the shape of the body, the neck joint, the crooked tuners, it's just not adding up, to me.  The oddly-shaped aftermarket truss rod cover isn't helping.

That's not to say it's a fake, but the small photos leave a lot of questions in my mind.

danloads

here's some morepics

let me know if there is any thing you need in more detail.

Pushead

Wild.

I feel better about the authenticity after seeing the truss rod cavity and the logo.  That's just a really wide headstock for an Eclipse style.  It's almost an L5 body shape (a Gibson hollow-body).  I'd suspect it's a set through, but I don't think there's really a way of knowing.  Looking at the inside of the cavity, I'd agree the body (or at least the wings) are mahogany.

danloads

It is really weird....I own 9 esp's and this guitar is one of the nicest ive played, it would be up there if not on  par with my custom shop kh2 vintage.

If i hadn't of known how a esp plays,feels and sounds i'd say it was fake as its a weird shape.

Who knows it could be a fake but who ever made it sure knows what there doing.

What do you think pushead? Real or fake?

Is there anything else i can check you think?

I might take a pick up out and see what color the wood is in the mounting holes for the pick up rings are.

Pushead

It's real.  It's strange that it came from the US, because I'd expect the circle logo.  I would have guessed it was made for the Japanese market.  I typically see the "more unique" guitars coming from Japan.  That shape is cool, and I'm not used to seeing the trapezoid inlays on an ESP.

I assume the Fender style switch is to switch pickups and the Gibson is a coil split?  I'm having a difficult time following the wiring.  lol

It's a cool guitar, I'm glad you're digging it!

danloads

Yeah the esp dealer got a batch of customs from japan that they werent picked up for some reason, the guitar does have small chip on the binding so maybe it was rejected for that maybe? the fender switch is for the pick ups and the gibson style 3 way toggle switch is for:

down, closest to jack: bridge peizo only

middle: pick up and peizo

up: pick ups only

Its pretty how you can mix in the peizo for a more acoustic clean.

danloads

Hi guys,

Got a email back from ESP if any one is interested

Hello Dan,
Please forgive us for the timely matter is taken on providing you with a response to your inquiry. We have received a response from our Production Development Department and ESP Japan. It has been determined the instrument in question was produce sometime in 2006 in Japan. Here are the specification that we have received. 

Body....................... Honduras Mahogany

Neck.......................Hard Maple 3P

Fingerboard.............. Jacaranda

Pretty cool as i've read honduras mahogany and jacaranda are now endagered woods?

Pushead

That's awesome.  You still digging it?

Post to Thread