unknown ESP vintage plus

Updated
unknown ESP vintage plus

hi all,

this my first post here.

I want to buy a high quality guitar for first time and I've seen a mint 3rd hand vintage plus.

unfortunately the seller lives far away so I can't try it myself before buying and he doesn't know much about the guitar because he got it 2nd hand. he sent me few pics . it's a sienna sunburst with 3 SD single coil pickups , wilkinson tremolo , locking tuners , ebony fretboard . I spent some searching through the net but I couldn't find any vintage plus with black hardware and that "weird" grained body.  I also contacted ESP but they couldn't provide me any info because it's not a usa model

anyone knows anything about it (year , country of manufacture , etc) please post . will be much appreciated .

thank you

Chris

ZapBrannigan

I've never seen a Vintage Plus like this neither. Also the trem does not look like a Wilkinson to me. The neck seems legit though. If it's a production model then it must have been altered in some way. I know that at least in Europe ESP did take "custom standard" orders for some time. This way, dealers could make small changes to a standard model (color, matching headstock, pickups,...). A shot of the back of the headstock might be useful.

Big Daddy B

Any way to get pics of the back of the headstock? Agree trem does not look like Wilkinson. Might still be legit. There are a lot of oddball vintage plus type guitars floating around.

chris d.

ZapBrannigan , I live in Europe so it might beĀ  a custom standard

I've asked the seller to send me pics of the back of the headstock. asa he sends I'll post back.

thank you both

Post to Thread