ESP kh-2 1995

Updated
Sunil D.

did the 1995 kh-2 ever come with an 81/60 

someone selling me one and he says he bought it brand new with that pickup configuration 

need help. Thanks 

Breadfan32

I'm not sure but I thought back then it was 81/81

Sunil D.

That's what it says online but the seller says he's certain it's 81/60

Travis L.

It was always dual 81's. He made the switch to 60's not to long ago.

Big Daddy B

yeah i am not sure EMG even made the 60 back in the 90s

ESP 348

Yep, should definitely have had original 80/80 EMGs in it.

The EMG 60 came out in the early 2000s from memory.

Breadfan32

Maybe it is an 81 but he thinks it's a 60.  

Sunil D.

Yes maybe

AK

Does this mean old MX Explorers have dual 81s too?

Big Daddy B
AK wrote:

Does this mean old MX Explorers have dual 81s too?

back in the mid 90s the EXP was fitted with EMGS 81s

Nathan S.
ESP 348 wrote:

60 has been around alot longer than that. According to my research it was developed in 1979 for a Fender guitar. Thanks Wikipedia. 

ESP 348

Cheers Nathan, I looked back at my post that you quoted and saw that I posted about the EMG 80/80 combo. Lol, there is no EMG 80.

Lol, apologies. Working nightshifts makes you very tired and you mess up sometimes.

I actually meant that ESP started to use the EMG 60 in the early 2000's from memory.

I am sure I read it on another forum years ago, but I could be wrong also as it may have been a few years earlier.

Nathan S.
ESP 348 wrote:

Cheers Nathan, I looked back at my post that you quoted and saw that I posted about the EMG 80/80 combo. Lol, there is no EMG 80.

Lol, apologies. Working nightshifts makes you very tired and you mess up sometimes.

I actually meant that ESP started to use the EMG 60 in the early 2000's from memory.

I am sure I read it on another forum years ago, but I could be wrong also as it may have been a few years earlier.

Ok that makes sense now, I was wondering how you could think the 60 didn't come out till 2000's. Thought maybe you took a kick to the head from a kangaroo or something lol 

And I knew you meant 81/81 

ESP 348

Lol, I needed a kick to the head from a Kangaroo for making that post, would have woke me up.

Big Daddy B
Nathan S. wrote:

60 has been around alot longer than that. According to my research it was developed in 1979 for a Fender guitar. Thanks Wikipedia. 

Yeah but it said Fender changed its plans. I do not remember the EMG 60 back in the 80s or 90s. It's possible EMG shevled it until the 2000s.

Nathan S.
Big Daddy B wrote:

Yeah but it said Fender changed its plans. I do not remember the EMG 60 back in the 80s or 90s. It's possible EMG shevled it until the 2000s.

Didn't Het use the 81/60 combo ever since he switched to EMG'S mid to late 80's? ???

Big Daddy B
Nathan S. wrote:

Didn't Het use the 81/60 combo ever since he switched to EMG'S mid to late 80's? ???

That I don't know but the EXPs in the 90s came with 81/81

Big Daddy B
Big Daddy B wrote:

That I don't know however I did peruse the ESP Catalog archive. 1997 was the first year showing a JH sig, the JH-1. It did indeed have the EMG 60! They did not have a 96 catalog up. 95 only had the Hammett models.

Post to Thread