ESP KH-2 Oujia Left Handed - Could this be for real?

Updated
Godmademedoit

Hi, I've just recently been offered a Custom Shop ESP KH-2 Ouija in white - and it's left-handed! As a lefty this is an amazing guitar but before I even go look at it I'm extremely suspicious because obviously left handed models of pretty much anything cool are rarer than hens' teeth!

Just a question really - is anyone aware of any lefties of this guitar in existence? Were any actually made? Anything I should look out for that might give it away as a fake? I'll be getting more details over the weekend through a friend who says he would have been lording it all over the internet had it been right-handed but since it's a lefty he's given me first refusal. He's up in my hometown checking it out for me and I'll be looking myself over the weekend, but just doing some pre-preparation first. He's had a quick look at it and apparently most of the aesthetic details check out we know of. 

Pushead

I don't believe any were made left-handed in the original run, but there is a company on ebay that has a selection of left handed ESPs (legit ones, not copies).  Many of them are models not commonly available, even in right-handed.  It wouldn't shock me that someone ordered a lefty Ouija, but it has my internal "BS Detector" on fairly high alert.  I'd want to see photos of the guitar, if not actually hold it in person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aGKLUHPXEs

This is a video of a fake one.  Among several tells for people that have experience with ESPs, the ESP logo and Kirk signature at the top are way off (look for the very thin lines on the signature), I've never seen an ESP with the back plate with the slots for the spring adjustment, and where the "V" of the neck finish to natural maple is way too high on the neck.

My recommendation, download a bunch of photos of real ones onto your phone and use it to compare to the one you're looking at.  Righty/Lefty swap aside, you should be able to identify issues fairly quickly.

Needless to say, for a speciality guitar in rare form (left handed), should be priced fairly high.  I'd expect a price around $7000 USD.  Not just anyone would buy it at that price, but where else would you go to find one?

But IMO, I put the odds of it being legit at about .5%

Godmademedoit

Yeah I think the same here, I think your comment about the holes in the backplate clinched it - my friend who has seen it once already said it had those, so if you're right then that's certainly a fake. Makes a lot more sense as it was going for peanuts compared to a real one.

That said my just point out the fakery and see if I can get it for super-cheap as even if it's nowhere near as good if it plays OK it's a cool looking guitar and I can put some proper hardware in there later.

Pushead

Mr.Kenny

good

Post to Thread