ESP explorer

Updated
boogie20

Has anyone ever seen a explorer with a maple neck?  Is this legit?  Thanks for your input

Pushead

I know as a new user that your photos are resized and you can't post links, but it's tough to tell from those photos.  Could you tell us the site you're looking at?

Yes, some MXs were special ordered with maple necks (former member Sean106 ordered his with maple), but I suspect it's just someone who doesn't know the true specs.  The red case lining has me a bit skeptical, but perhaps it's a custom case for the guitar, or a modified Gibson case.  (My MX doesn't fit into a Gibson case.)

boogie20

I found it on kijiji Toronto. The seller said he had a friend who worked at Steve's music here in Toronto. And it was a custom ordered ESP. 

Pushead

It's legit.  Not an MX, but an EXP (which is what they called the bolt-on models).  Originally I was going to say that it was probably just a normal production EXP with the finish removed from the back of the neck, but the circle logo convinced me otherwise.

To me, the neck is too brown to be maple, I suspect it's mahogany.  Price at $2000CAD is about at the top end of what I'd consider right for the guitar.  But I guess they've been selling high, lately.

boogie20

Thanks for your input. I would buy it, but i have to sell my ltd iron cross first

Post to Thread