M1 custom (value)

Updated
M1 custom (value)

Looking for someone who knows anything about this M1 custom not getting any responce from ESP

brian s.

Help

Pushead

Mid 80s.  Maple neck, alder body, ebony fretboard.  Very nice condition.  Wouldn't surprise me that it's a refinish (the logo looks a bit wonky to me, but it might be the angle because the headstock and TRC seems wonky too.)  Most of those guitars didn't have a recessed Floyd, and those edges seem very square at the base, also making me think a refin.

I'd guess you could get $6-700 USD from the right buyer (with a case), $500 if you wanted to move it in a hurry.

Big Daddy B
Pushead wrote:

Mid 80s.  Maple neck, alder body, ebony fretboard.  Very nice condition.  Wouldn't surprise me that it's a refinish (the logo looks a bit wonky to me, but it might be the angle because the headstock and TRC seems wonky too.)  Most of those guitars didn't have a recessed Floyd, and those edges seem very square at the base, also making me think a refin.

I'd guess you could get $6-700 USD from the right buyer (with a case), $500 if you wanted to move it in a hurry.

agree on said wonkiness

Pushead

Could you post a better (or more straight-on) photo of the headstock?  There's a thread in the "General Discussion" section showing how to post larger photos.

jt76

the original logos on these looked kind of crooked because  of the headstock shape.  The logo on  this one appears to be  closer to the machine heads than is should be.  Also the bridge would have been chrome.   Basically I agree with everyone else,  It looks like a refin job.   Still a very nice guitar.   By the way "Custom" in this case is part of the model name and means that it is an M1 with a neck thru instead of a bolt on.   It is a standard series not a custom shop.    If it were mine I would replace the machines, the nut, the bridge posts and the switch with black ones and make it all match the string tree, pickup and bridge.   

Post to Thread