Genuine Explorer?

Updated
Matthew W.

Hey guys! As you all seem to know your stuff around here, I figured this was the place to come to ask about my Explorer. I bought it back in the early 2000's and always assumed it was genuine, but I see how many fakes are out there now. I'm probably going to be looking to sell this thing, but I want to make sure it's real first. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!! 

Matthew W.

FYI the number in the first picture is 30117.

Pushead

The pictures are pretty small, but the guitar looks good.  The "inlays" are obviously not stock.

Matthew W.

Thanks Pushead! I forgot to mention, those are just decals.  

Sorry the the pics are so small, I didn't see an option to make them any other size. Do you have any idea what the current market value on guitars like this are? It's in overall nice shape, little dings on the corners but nothing major.

Pushead

I've seen them go for crazy (by my estimation) prices, lately.  Current market is probably between $1500 and $2000 depending on the condition.

Matthew W.

Thanks again for the info Pushead! It's very appreciated.

boogie20, not sure. A dude I work with said he would offer me $1000 for it, which I think is low, I will probably end up putting it on eBay, but feel free to make me an offer!

boogie20
Matthew W. wrote:

I'm assuming you are in the US? I'm located in Canada. 

Matthew W.
boogie20 wrote:

I'm assuming you are in the US? I'm located in Canada. 

Yep, I'm in the States.

boogie20

What do you think your asking price would be?

GuitarsCollector

The guitar is absolutely original and price is about $2000

Frans M.

Agree, its genuine. Have the exact same one myself. worth at least 2000 dollars. 

Transambytrial

Same here, I agree, genuine but last few I've seen go sold for $1500 to $1800. Sold mine a few years back for 3k though and the neck was shaved..wait for the right time I'd say!

Post to Thread