Should I buy the ESPM1 tiger

Updated
Paul K.

I have been offered an M1 tiger from 2008. The condition is nine out of 10. Should I pay $2800 for this? It's not about should I buy the guitar. The question is, is that a decent price?

Zhalman

In cases like this, I usually search the net for prices and compare it to the offer I've received.

Paul K.

This is the internet, genius. I'm not asking my mailman.

jt76

its a good deal compared to buying a new one

but I think that sounds about $600  to high for a used one,

Unless you really need to have one now, I think you could do better.

If you really want it I would try and talk the seller down at least a few hundred. 

Paul K.

Thanks. I am new to ESPs, which is why I am asking the experts for advice. I should clarify. This is from the custom shop. It sells for 4K new. Is there a specific reason why it would only be worth $2200 on the street?

jt76

You can  get them used from guitar center used online or ebay between $2000 and $2400,  when they come up for sale,  usually a few times a year.    Like I said sellers price is a lot better than 4k, so the price is fair.   They don't come up all the time, so it kinda depends on how bad you want it.   Also with this one you know the condition and I assume have the opportunity to try it out before you buy it, so that might be  worth a bit extra also.  

Paul K.

Thanks for the great advice. I appreciate it!

jt76

Did you buy or are you still looking?  

Paul K.

I did not . One of our members offerred me one in a trade for my Les Paul. I just wanted your advice on it's street value. thanks for backing out of our deal, Jerry.  

jt76

If you are still looking for one I know where to find one for a good price,  friend request me and I will send it to you in message. 

Paul K.

I am not buying at this time. Thanks.

jt76

Ok,   I just happend to see one the other day and rembered this conversation.   The one I saw is going for  $1200 plus tax and shipping. 

Post to Thread