ESP MX-220 or MX-250

Updated
ESP MX-220 or MX-250

Hi!

Can someone teel me if my ESP MX-??? is the MX250 or the MX220. I have, as you see in the pictures a 1998 ESP EXP that has a bit different shape, ecpecially the lower "wing" wich is a bit rounder than in the EXP. As I seen here on the Forum I think it is made in -94 but unceratain of that too. You could also see that the pots and hum swith are in line contrary to most of the ESP MX´s I´ve seen before. Could this be a 80´s MX? or what is it? When looking on pics of Hetfeilds "Fuck 'em" black Explorer it seems most similar..?

Compare the Check out the knobs, not as the others I¨ve seen29 aug 1994, number 63 that day?

Pushead

It's a 220 body shape.  I don't know the year.  It knob layout is similar to Gibson, but the earliest MX designs I'm aware of have the same step at the neck joint as a Gibson as well.  It wasn't until later that they moved to a level neck-joint.

Frans M.

The headstock looks more of an ESP MX-250 doesnt it? the 220 is more of a banana if I recall?

Think its made 23.08.1991 and it´s the 463 guitar made..?

Tondog

First time I've seen that knob layout on an ESP. The headstock is definitely a 250 type. 

GuitarsCollector

Yes is a mid 250 and mid 220...

Like the Hetfield's:

"FUK EM UP" for example...

Or identical to Hetfield's "Seymour Duncan"...

Great guitar...

If it was a "good pot scheme" it would cost a lot of money!!!

Tondog

Nah. FUK EM UP was a 220 that he got in late 1988 or early '89. I saw that one first-hand in June of 1989.

GuitarsCollector
Tondog wrote:

Nah. FUK EM UP was a 220 that he got in late 1988 or early '89. I saw that one first-hand in June of 1989.

Look carefully at the headstock of fuk em up...no banana'!!'

Tondog
GuitarsCollector wrote:

Look carefully at the headstock of fuk em up...no banana'!!'

That is correct but the banana headstock was really only a product of the EET FUK style explorers and there were others with the 200 body style but had the later smaller headstock....like the one above.

Frans M.

It has everything the "fuck em up" guitar has except for the pots/knobs/switch that looks identical to the mx250 SD u linked. It has ebony fretboard for example.. So I reckon a late mx220 that seems unusual or rare seeing the knob scheme..?

thanx for the links

Post to Thread