ESP Custom Shop 4 of 10 Orange Monster

Updated
Ant A.

Hi there

I wonder if anyone can help. I bought this Les Paul Custom style guitar from a well respected importer of vintage Japanese guitars. I was told this was a limited 4 of 10 run for domestic Japanese client (#4 marked on back of neck) and had been sourced for an ESP dealer in Japan. There is no paperwork with it, and can see there are no ESP markings on headstock, so not sure if any way to verify authenticity . I have a kh-2 vintage, a LPC navigator, Vintage Plus and a Phoenix so familiar with ESP build quality , and on that basis I'm on no doubt It is ESP custom shop, but not sure if anyway to verify? Any help much appreciated .

jt76

Esp dealers can order special runs of the standard series guitars in custom colors.  That is most likely what you have.  They would sell a little higher than the standard series but no where close to the price of a special order custom shop placed as a 1 off.  

Ant A.

Thx for your reply. The guitar doesn't correspond to any standard series ESP guitar I have seen however, it is solid mahogany, so weighs about 12lbs, and has neck profile and frets more akin to a '58 Les Paul than any ESP series I've seen before which typically has the XJ frets, slim neck etc. So would seem whole order was custom rather than just the paint job.

jt76

Your pictures are up now, that is definitely not the type of thing I was talking about,    I don't think I can help.  Doesn't look like something esp would make.

I really don't have a clue.

Tondog

For how much did you purchase this?

Post to Thread