• John J.

Vintage ESP M/KH Custom info ?

I just got this guitar . It says ESP Custom in the headstock.

"ESP Custom Guitars" on the back.

Reverse headstock

M shaped body with a bolt on neck.

Skull inlays a la KH models.

ESP passive pickups

ESP floyd rose trem

Any clue about exact model, year .... ?

• Travis L.

Give me the serial numbers brotha! Should be one on the back of the headstock and on the plate where it bolts on! 

• John J.

Hi Travis ! thanks, unfortunately there is no serial number, it looks like it didnt have one or it was peeled off (theres a mark like if there was a sticker once) . The plate was the only thing replaced and does not have the original one.

By the way I forgot to say the pickups are not the classic open coils. They have a plastic cover like EMG but with the ESP name on em.

• Travis L.

Oh dang! Can you post pictures of it on here! 

There was probably a "made in Japan" sticker on it.. Post pictures of it bro! 

• John J.

Yep that was probably the sticker. 

It will take me a while to post some pics. It looks just like this one :

Okay I guess like I cannot link to 3bay. You can find it with the article number 331097188282 on 3bay

Except for the pickups as I say they are labeled like ESP (centered) instead of EMG (that usually go on the right side) but the cover is the same, black, plastic, no poles showing

• Pushead

Except for the passive pickups it sounds like an early 90's ESP M-II Deluxe.  It's essentially a KH-2 before they made it a model.  I have one, too.

Cancel