Early 90's Comic Book Guitars

Updated
John L.

Hi, first post here. 

I'm looking for some pictues of a Custom Shop 'Batman' Explorer style guitar that was made in the early 90's. It was reviewed in the Febuary 1992 issue of 'Guitarist' (uk) magazine. Also I would be interested in pictures of other ESP CS comic guitars. There was a S type 'Little Annie Fanny' (Not Vai connected.) that sold recently that was made in '91. Were there any others?

Thanks in advance. 

Pushead

The only Batman ESP guitar I'm familiar with is a Viper, but that doesn't seem to match anything else you've asked about.

Courtesy of our resident Aussie ESP Retailer:

John L.

No the one that I am looking for an image of is covered with old 60's Batman comics. These are nice but very different. 

If you look for 'Little Annie Fanny' on reverb dot com you can see the sort of thing that I mean. (I can't post links)

David N.

Hi John!

I have that guitar...

I bought the guitar 90-91, I think. I have tried to find information, and are still looking for the info and history of the guitar. What info do you have about the guitar? I heard there was only one copy of that particular "Explorer Batman". I tried to find the review to which you referred to, but find nothing. Do you have a better link or info on where I can learn about this particular guitar.

Guntur

damn this is so great man

mulysa

the body and the headstock kinda resembled MX-220. nice axe \m/

Cesar P.

Madafacas, esa guitarra si que es para tocar Metal

Mojow jojow

The body of this guitar looks familiar ;3

David N.

Thx!!! Gunter and Cesar P, It's all about metal.. \../

Mulysa: I think this is the last one of the MX220 before they went over to the MX250. But I do not know...

Mojow jojow: How do you mean?

mulysa

David N. : yeah dude. u r right.

Tondog

Let's see some detailed pics of it!! Which jack did it have on it? That was totally an MX220 body and headstock so I'm betting the rest of it is just like the first ones?

vipprimo

Absolutely!  We need more pics.

David N.

Here are some more pictures...

Tondog

WOW! That's astonishing! What's the back story on this particular one? It really looks like a combination of a 220 and a 250 body with a definite 220 headstock! It could look deceiving like that though because the comic print really camoflages the shape well. Old original wiring as well?

Frans M.

David N. You swedish? I knew a person that said like ten years ago that his friend had one of these batman esp explorers  when i was showing him my esp exp. Was just thinking that this could be you?  

David N.

Yes i am. It's probably me : ) Who is your friend?

Frans M.

Babis Argati (if I remember right, we used to work together back in 2000) in Borås

David N.

Hahaha Ja vi lirade ihop med Damnatory på 80 talet.

Frans M.

kul, se där vad världen är liten 

Post to Thread