Bad place to order from?

Updated
1000MilesOfFire
I talked to a guy at a Guitar Center near my house about placing a custom order for me. He contacted them and I got my price quote. He says he'll need the full amount paid before he places the order. Is this common practice? I have heard many people say that the quoted price is often higher than what you will actually pay when the guitar is ready. So I'm hesitant to pay it all up front. Should I try a different dealer?
Geetarguy70

I talked to a guy at a Guitar Center near my house about placing a custom order for me. He contacted them and I got my price quote. He says he'll need the full amount paid before he places the order.
Is this common practice? I have heard many people say that the quoted price is often higher than what you will actually pay when the guitar is ready. So I'm hesitant to pay it all up front.
Should I try a different dealer?

Normally you give a deposit and the settle up. Sounds to me like he wants the full commission this month

JSHRED

GC Policy has changed over the years, and they also have a single policy covering any and all special orders. As of right now, special orders are Cash In Full, up front.

This is entirely up to GC, and isn't exclusive to ESP or anything, it's anything special you order at a store.

I have a local dealer working on a custom quote for me, and I get the feeling they're willing to work with me on the money. Of course it might depend on how crazy the guitar is. If it's a pink Hello Kitty guitar with a Bigsby, they may want 100% cash up front, no matter who they are. Not the kind of guitar I'd want to get stuck with in my store.

xenophobe

For USA, I'd say Drum City Guitar Land. I bet their quote will be a lot lower than GC too.

For international, Ishibashi.

zombieattack9

For USA, I'd say Drum City Guitar Land. I bet their quote will be a lot lower than GC too.

For international, Ishibashi.

Even after their lack of communication (Ishibashi)? :p

load more replies (1 of 1)
load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread