• vector350

Outside of the disparity between the Yen and the USD & maybe shipping costs, nothing concrete has been cited as the reasons for ESP CS costs.

Tone woods, electronics and craftmanship? Really? Have you done a side by side comparison? EVERY guitar builder swears they use the finest tone woods, components, craftsmanship etc.

I agree that Gibby & Fender (though my Gibby listing was a response to the question posed by Guitarsatbmusic) are not true custom shop axes & are bad examples in comparing "apples to apples" Hence, the citing of my choosing Jackson CS. Little more of fair comparison IMO. But if we put aside fanantical brand loyalty and the like subjective preferences, what does ESP do to warrant the sizable difference in price of their CS axes?

I rather suspect that the much of their success stems from a combination of a solid product and very effective marketing via the endorsements. That, and the market determines what worth is. i.e. ESP can get away with it because people keep buying them.
    Kind of a tricky validation. The very same can be said about Gibsons and Fenders.
    ;-)

• Pushead

I rather suspect that the much of their success stems from a combination of a solid product and very effective marketing via the endorsements. That, and the market determines what worth is. i.e. ESP can get away with it because people keep buying them. Kind of a tricky validation. The very same can be said about Gibsons and Fenders.
      ;-)

Seems as though you've answered your own question.

Cancel