is this a custom???

Updated
tony.tipton
hey everyone i was wondering if anyone could possibly tell me if this is a custom esp v or not??i just got this off of a friend and was wondering what it may be worth or how much it was new!im a newbie to the esp world,im mostely ibanez but i was lucky enough to snag this thing up so i was wondering what i may have!thanks in advance!!:D 3174 3175 3176
Big Rich

no

tony.tipton

any idea what it may be worth?

Guitarslingerans

If it was an ESP, a decent amount. Since it's not, next to nothing. Hope you didn't pay out too much for this.

Big Rich

very bad fake

if your friend sold that to you id lose him as a friend, unless hes also oblivious to the fact that its a fake and a very bad one at that

shathe

the little skulls are so cute...

tony.tipton

im shure my friend didnt know it was a fake or he wouldnt have sold it to me!ive only got 300 invested in this guitar so even if its not an esp its not a bad guitar!it plays nice and sounds pretty good so whoever is making these is doing a great job cause the whole guitar staff at guitar center is stumped as to what it is!not that i disagree with anyone on here but like i said im not familier with esp at all!ive been strictly ibanez for years,but how do you tell if this things fake or not?whats some of the things to look for?the manager at guitar center today said it had a legit seriel number so im assuming its cosmetic discrepencies??

Big Rich

logo and inlays make it obvious

did they say anything about buying it from you ??

shathe

the curious thing to me is the cutout for the d-tuna. and the finish on the body actually looks good. the body shape doesn't really look "esp" to me, but it's kind of hard to tell from your photos. is it a bolt on? i'm wondering if the neck got swapped...

pics of the back (head stock, neck joint, cavities) would be helpful. that's where a lot of even good fakes fall apart.
also, if you open up the cavities you can sometimes get hints that something's not right.

tony.tipton

absolutely explorer45!!ill have them up in a few!!i took it apart and took alot of pics!let me get it back together and ill post them!

tony.tipton

heres all the other pics:file:///C:/Users/tony/Desktop/esp%20pics/DSC_0354.JPG

Gfunk

More crappy pics.

Nice.

:lol

tony.tipton

heres a couple more i forgot:

tony.tipton

more sarcasm....nice!!!seems pretty common around here other than explorer45 and shathe!dude i dont care if its fake or not!i just want to know one way or the other so if your not on here to try and help then theres plenty of other threads in this forum where you can bash people looking for answers!!

tony.tipton

wow that sucks man!!they make these fakes so good that the untrained eye cant detect it!wow!!thanks for the info big rich!!

frantic77

yes,that"s why we asked for more pix(no crappy :-)

Justinschut

Coulda swore I've seen those small inlays somewhere before.. Can't find em anywhere tho.

I guess the weird logo font could be requested as well if it's real

Post to Thread