I am sad :(

Updated
sigm.xiria
I found out that my dream guitar can't be made through the American custom shop.... All I wanted was the Viper body style of the Japanese guitarist, Kaoru. His Viper body style is SOOO BAD ASS! Viper with like a slight arch top. That doesn't seem so hard, but I guess it makes sense haha. I am almost tempted to move on to another guitar company to see if I can make something close to this, but I love the way ESPs and LTDs play... WHAT DO?
shathe

you mean this?

sigm.xiria

you mean this?
Yes sir! :)

With my custom tweaks and custom finish.

They told me they can't do it in the American custom shop :/

shathe

why do you want it from the usa custom shop?
you can get it in japan, but it's about $6000...

sigm.xiria

why do you want it from the usa custom shop?
you can get it in japan, but it's about $6000...
I don't want the actual artist model guitar haha.

I want just the body shape with my custom tweaks and custom finish.

they said they can't do the Japanese custom body styles through the American custom shop... it sucks :/

shathe

again, why don't you have them do it in japan?

sigm.xiria

again, why don't you have them do it in japan?
I can do that?

Sorry, I didn't exactly understand what you were saying haha.

how do I do this?

shathe

i can't find a contact number on the japanese site. looks like you have to go through a dealer. maybe if you call the US number and tell them what you are looking for, they can help. i'm sure there are plenty of people who can speak english at esp japan....

shathe

i think drum city could probably hook you up as a dealer, but the guy there seemed kinda douchey.... maybe it was a busy day or something, but he seemed mad when i didn't want to just pay whatever he wanted when i could get it cheaper somewhere else.

sigm.xiria

there is no USA custom shop anymore man.
If you want to order a custom it will be made in Japan.
You can make the order from the US.
They will make near anything for you, all you have to do is $$.

i think drum city could probably hook you up as a dealer, but the guy there seemed kinda douchey.... maybe it was a busy day or something, but he seemed mad when i didn't want to just pay whatever he wanted when i could get it cheaper somewhere else.

Drum city guitar land was the first place I put in my order. They told me after a month they couldn't do it. Today I called ESP (USA) and they couldn't do the guitar cause it is a Japanese model and I would have to select from the USA standard selection and customize one of those :/

I live in Colorado by the way haha.

load more replies (2 of 2)
sigm.xiria

Drum city guitar land was the first place I put in my order. They told me after a month they couldn't do it. Today I called ESP (USA) and they couldn't do the guitar cause it is a Japanese model and I would have to select from the USA standard selection and customize one of those :/

I live in Colorado by the way haha.

shathe

yeah, not sure what the result will be, but use simple english.

sigm.xiria

yeah, not sure what the result will be, but use simple english.

Fuck... simple english was not used.... haha... I definitely typed an entire paragraph...

What should I say?

cecilbag

They've always been a full on custom shop. Whatever you wanted as long as you have deep pockets. Try another dealer

sigm.xiria

They've always been a full on custom shop. Whatever you wanted as long as you have deep pockets. Try another dealer

what about what ESP told me when I called them today?

zombieattack9

It might have some restriction on it placed there by the Japanese artist. I highly doubt this, but you never know.

At any rate, money talks. ESP loves money. Call other dealers, do what you can. Its not impossible.

Worst case scenario you just go through Ishibashi and pay out the wazoo for it.

sigm.xiria

It might have some restriction on it placed there by the Japanese artist. I highly doubt this, but you never know.

At any rate, money talks. ESP loves money. Call other dealers, do what you can. Its not impossible.

Worst case scenario you just go through Ishibashi and pay out the wazoo for it.

hmmm. I wonder if that could be a possibility...

Fuck.... I just realized... My username is missing a character... it is supposed to be Sigma, not Sigm

shathe

heh heh, "wazoo"...

sigm.xiria

I think I am going to go talk with a person at guitar center who told me he is the one who talks with ESP and makes the orders. I will see what he tells me.

sigm.xiria

good news! My buddy at guitar center was able to talk to the custom shop directly and things are looking good for my custom :)

Gfunk

good news! My buddy at guitar center was able to talk to the custom shop directly and things are looking good for my custom :)

A buddy at guitar center talked to the custom shop directly.

Just pay for the guitar in full when ordering. What could go wrong!

load more replies (1 of 1)
shathe

kewl

Explorer45

Good to hear. Looking forward to pics when it arrives. :)

imprinted

Surprised this hasn't been suggested yet. Go through Shane at bMusic in Australia. If he says it can't be done, THEN it can't be done. Otherwise, game on! :)

Post to Thread