Any idea what this is?

Updated
MrScary
Brand new here, just picked up this killer ESP "custom" superstrat. Trying to figure out what it is, maybe you guys can help me. serial number is 02062, neckplate seems either chrome or faded gold with just the serial number and 'esp' written on it in tiny capital letters. headstock is their "strat" type. it says "ESP Custom" in black. back of the neck is lacquered, as is the front of the headstock, but the back of the headstock and top of the headstock seem to not be lacquered. Bridge is a kahler 2520, tuners are gold vintage style, very faded at this point, kahler locknut before the actual nut. Any other info I can provide? I'm gonna take more pictures with my camera and post em as well. Again, regardless of what this thing is, it sounds and plays awesome....but it would be nice to get more info. I wrote to the Esp support email but haven't heard back for two weeks now :lol
Justinschut

Looks cool, can't help you on any more info tho..

Also, welcome to the board!

Spoonylove

Its trippy.

MrScary

yep, that it is. I hope i find this damn camera soon because I wanna take some more pics...any idea what year approximately? the Kahler says late 80s to me although people said it was early 90s...

Big Rich

guitar center had that on there used section.

id guess that its deff late 80's or early 90's. prob a custom order. body could be either alder,ash,or basswood.

MrScary

Definitely sounds like alder, but tighter and has some ungodly sustain...maybe its maple?

Post to Thread