New user & new questions

Updated
Vampscunos
Hi to everyone, i'm new of this forum, i'm from italy and i love esp. Now i Have a kelly hayes custom which is a fantastic guitar. I am also going to buy a 30th anniversary eclipse, The one with The dragons on bottom part of The quilted maple top. I cannot find anywhere Informations about this guitar, can you Help me? I would like to know how many of them Have been made, materials of The inlays, what would be' a Fair price for The guitar and everything else could help. Thank you very much and escuse me if my english is not that well. Eros
guitarsatbmusic

Hi to everyone, i'm new of this forum, i'm from italy and i love esp. Now i Have a kelly hayes custom which is a fantastic guitar. I am also going to buy a 30th anniversary eclipse, The one with The dragons on bottom part of The quilted maple top. I cannot find anywhere Informations about this guitar, can you Help me? I would like to know how many of them Have been made, materials of The inlays, what would be' a Fair price for The guitar and everything else could help. Thank you very much and escuse me if my english is not that well. Eros

I don't know numbers, I'm led to believe less than 10 made. I have one and sold another to an Australian buyer. I've never seen another up for sale. There is NO market guide to go by for pricing I'm afraid.
Mahogany back, quilted maple top, 3-piece maple neck-thru, Sperzels, the inlay material on the headstock would be MOP and I think the fretboard inlay synthetic. The body graphic I think is a mylar possibly not inlaid, but I'd have to get mine out and check. Sperzels, EMG-81 and EMG-60, TOM, natural body binding, white neck and headstock binding, that's about it.
Pics here
http://www.guitarsatbmusic.com.au/esp/guitars/espcustom/hires/eclipse_30th_custom_2005/eclipse_30th_custom_2005_5.jpg
http://www.guitarsatbmusic.com.au/esp/guitars/espcustom/hires/eclipse_30th_custom_2005/eclipse_30th_custom_2005_23.jpg

And finish the matching set (excepting the flag guitars of course)
http://www.guitarsatbmusic.com.au/esp/guitars/espcustom/hires/kh-2_30th_custom/kh-2_30th_3.jpg

Roger Carvalho

what can you tell me about kelly hayes sig ?

Vampscunos

The one i found is like new, no scratches or signs of use, more than mint conditions. The person that is going to sell it has told me he must think how much to' ask... That is The reason i was asking you what will be a Fair price, so i can make me an idea if i must sell some organs or directly my soul to buy this axe.. If someone has an idea i word be' pleased.. Thank you all for your kindness and excuse me for being hairsplitter. Eros

guitarsatbmusic

The only two I know of are also as new, mine never played, the other barely. As I say, I've never seen one sold outside of that which I sold so there is no market value at all to go by really. You just need to come up with a number you would be happy to pay and it's up to the seller to decline or accept I guess. That will be the only known sale precedent there.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Vampscunos

What was its price when new? I think his value will be near that considering it's neve been used. Hoping that The seller doesn't thinks his value will be increased... Argh... It is a pain....

guitarsatbmusic

Around 6.500 Euro excepting taxes was the new price

Vampscunos

Do you think it will be a good price? I mean, if you would sell yours what would you ask for it?

frantic77

where did you find that guitar?in italy?

Vampscunos

Yes, in italy!

guitarsatbmusic

I have no idea on the price, I've never thought to sell mine. There just is no market value as we haven't seen a situation where a) a buyer is keen to sell and prices low, b) a buyer is keen to buy and offers a premium to have an owner part with one, or c) a buyer exists at the same time a seller decides to sell. When these three things occur a market price starts to develop on such things.
As it stands, you want one and one owner is considering selling, there are NO others available anywhere, nor have there been or likely to be anytime soon, for you to negotiate against.

Vampscunos

News of The guitar.. The man selling it said he would sell it for ~10k € due to the rarity of The axe... I don't know what to do... Help please...

ESP 348

News of The guitar.. The man selling it said he would sell it for ~10k € due to the rarity of The axe... I don't know what to do... Help please...

Man, that is A LOT of money for a guitar, but you only live once so go for it if you really want it. :):)

Justinschut

What to do ? How about not be a retard, you can get the same thing new from the Custom Shop for waaay less. Who cares if it says "30"

Vampscunos

I don t think it is being retard, i think it is The same of buying a Esp Eet fuk instead of a normal Explorer. I don t see any differences. Am i wrong?

Gfunk

Am i wrong?

Yes.

Very.

Vampscunos

Why?!

Vampscunos

I d like to know why it s insane to buy this guitar for that price but it seems that everybody would buy an Eet fuk for 13k $... i don't understand... I think that if it s Made in less than 10 pieces it's really rare.

EvolutionVII

10k € is just a number.
He could have said 12k and you'd still be interested.
Even if it was the only one out there I wouldn't spend more than 5k for a guitar with this specs.

Bas D.

10k € is just a number.
He could have said 12k and you'd still be interested.
Even if it was the only one out there I wouldn't spend more than 5k for a guitar with this specs.

^this

Vampscunos

Talking of specs, what is The difference between a Eet fuk and a standard Explorer, or a kh20 and a m2? The only difference i find is The rarity of The object. The same for The various les paul custom centennial, or prs Dragon.. Do you think i'm saying bullshit?

Pushead

Talking of specs, what is The difference between a Eet fuk and a standard Explorer, or a kh20 and a m2? The only difference i find is The rarity of The object. The same for The various les paul custom centennial, or prs Dragon.. Do you think i'm saying bullshit?

Just because something is rare doesn't mean it's worth anything. There has to be a reason why people would desire it. For some it might be because an artist plays a similar guitar, or because it has intricate artwork done to it.

I think fewer people would look to spend extra money on a guitar that celebrates the builder, but what do I know.

I wouldn't buy that guitar for 10K Euro, but realistically, I wouldn't be interested in it for less than they sell a standard Eclipse. I'd rather have "regular" Eclipse Custom than one with the artwork.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread