Waiting on my Custom Shop quote from Piney!

Updated
eetfuk14
Oooohhh I cant wait! She's gonna be sexy! Full thickness Eclipse, Mahogany/Mahogany, Ebony board, Bone nut, Checkered flag inlays (JH3 style) to the 12th fret, ESP MOP script logo, 81/81 with volume only and PA2 gain boost wired 18 volts, String thru with Tone Pros bridge, Vintage black with pearl white hot rod ghost flames outlined in satin white pinstripe, Satin chrome hardware Yummm! What do ya guys think? Should I change the string thru to a stop bar? Thats the only thing I'm debating on. Pros vs Cons?
brandono61cr

kinda reminds me of a KV2

Jimbo1990

Oooohhh I cant wait! She's gonna be sexy! Full thickness Eclipse, Mahogany/Mahogany, Ebony board, Bone nut, Checkered flag inlays (JH3 style) to the 12th fret, ESP MOP script logo, 81/81 with volume only and PA2 gain boost wired 18 volts, String thru with Tone Pros bridge, Vintage black with pearl white hot rod ghost flames outlined in satin white pinstripe, Satin chrome hardware Yummm! What do ya guys think? Should I change the string thru to a stop bar? Thats the only thing I'm debating on. Pros vs Cons?

I say...If its your custom model, have what YOU want, fuck everyone else's opinion, i learned that lesson many years ago. Its what YOU want not them.;)

eetfuk14

Well I don't have much experience with string thru's so I was looking for differences as far as tone and sustain. Did I mention creme binding all the way through? SeXXXy!

Jimbo1990

well if its info your after, it'll probably have more sustain as the strings are transfering more vibrations into the body, and if it's full thickness as you say it'll be very good!, i'd defo go with thru-stringing, but then i'm a thru-string whore as most of my geets are string thru/vintage trem XD

dawg

I don't personally like the string thru an much, but some people really do. Just go to a guitar shop and play some string thu's and see what ya think

eetfuk14

That was my train of thought on it too. I wish I could find a string thru eclipse... Maybe I'll play a horizon when i go shopping this weekend.

zombieattack9

Ive learned that once you put pen to paper on custom guitars.....leave it. UNLESS you know you fucked something up.

Otherwise you're just backtracking on yourself and wont be as happy. Go with your gut

Post to Thread