ESP Eet Fuk Custom Shop Explorer Possible?

Updated
Man2Wolf
I have heard rumors that James will not allow ESP to remake his coveted middle finger inlays? I have been thinking about an Eet Fuk Explorer from the ESP custom shop. It would be awhile until I ordered, but I knew you guys would help me get the story straght.
Perhan!

Teh Jaymz cannot give you permission to have middle finger inlays. He is Teh Jaymz, and only Teh Jaymz can have middle finger inlays.

sixstringmind

Teh Jaymz cannot give you permission to have middle finger inlays. He is Teh Jaymz, and only Teh Jaymz can have middle finger inlays.

haha what he said

V.S.

Didnt, I tell you that, man2wolf. If youre in the US, they wont make you an explorer.

Man2Wolf

I don't remember exactly where I saw it I think it was actually on this forum. But the story went ESP made some explorers with middle finger inlays from the custom shop and Jaymz did not like it because it was his original design.

V.S.

Yeah, back in late 80's early 90's

Man2Wolf

Well fuck. I don't get how shamray customs and people like that can replicate the inlays though. Must be because they are not putting it on an authentic ESP. Anyway..Thanks V.S. you answered my questions.

metallifuk86

its simple how shamray and others do it. you place an order for a guitar however you want and they aren't explicitly stopped from selling those types of guitars by gibson, so they make it to whatever specs you desire. $ talks. if you're going for a total custom job, get one you design yourself instead of copying james. as much of a fanboy as i am, that kinda money you should at least get your own inlays

matt b.

Have it built withouy inlays and have someone else do them.

Judas

You can buy the stick on Vinyl versions of the middle finger inlays on Egay unless you want to have proper inlays made up yourself.

Mick

ESP won't make the origanal banana headstock anymore (sean can clarify on this). But they will do the MX220 body.

axlpxl

~5800 Usd

Mick

I have been thinking about an Eet Fuk Explorer from the ESP custom shop.

I know of someone who has an original that he might be willing to sell.

:lol I appreciate it but it doesnt sound like I can afford it! :D

:confused:

Man2Wolf

I was just giving him shit about him saying his finding fee was high

Man2Wolf

So do you actually have to live in Japan to get the mx design or do you just have to order it from the japan site or shop?

tonyjh3

So do you actually have to live in Japan to get the mx design or do you just have to order it from the japan site or shop?

You have to find a shop in Japan willing to order the guitar to your specs, and then ship it to you in the US. ESP itself won't be much help, you'll have to find a dealer to work with directly. Your guitar will also essentially have no warranty so keep that in mind, especially with all the issues people have had in the custom shop lately. It would suck to lay down four or five thousand and get the wrong specs.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Dark Alone

I approve the usage of said image. :)

vdubs75

Well I have three ESPs with the 5 digit serials: 28XXX, 35XXX, 37XXX. The youngest is from 2001 and the oldest from 1997. Kind of hard to fit a 59003 in between, but I'm not exactly sure how they counted. On my ESPs the serial is stamped on the bottom of the neck plate, like in your first pictures.

Hope that helps.....

Post to Thread