Recommended Polish for MX-250 Finish.

Updated
Munchy5150
Hi guys, i read on a thread on here that the finish on the MX-250 is quite thin and can be easily scratched and worn. In order to take precautions i was wondering if anyone recommended any particular polish to clean the body's finish. Im just worried that my Dunlop lemon oil, that i used to use to clean the body's of my two epiphone explorers, will damage the finish on my MX. Its such a beautiful guitar i just want to preserve the finish! Im sure you understand! Any advice will be greatly appreciated as always. many thanks.
Fordman65

It's a hard poly finish like 90% of all other ESP guitars. If it's black there is nothing you can do. If you polish you will get swirl marks. If it's white they never show up.

Also, why use lemon oil? I just use that on my fret board. Girlitz all the way.

rrrcustom

Any type of oil will leave a residue. Bad idea! You need actual polish/cleaner. I'd actually recommen just a cleaner, because a "polish", literally, has compounds in them that will cause swirls or even scratching depending on how much and how often you use them.

I like the Dunlop 65 cleaner. Works awesome, and doesn't leave any residue.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Munchy5150

cool thanks, yeh i knew dunlop lemon oil is only for fretboards but i used to use it to clean my cheap epiphone explorers, it did the job, but i dont want to touch my MX with anything that will damage it.

Thanks for the tips.

Dilzdo21

pledge

metallifuk86

elbow grease n spit shine

jalmetalman

elbow grease n spit shine

+1.... Not so much the spit n shine part though :lol:p

Post to Thread