• senol_kh

Whats the difference between Custom & Deluxe?

I am really wondering the difference between Custom models and Deluxe models? I know Custom's are more special but why ESP named those guitars Deluxe??

• D-EJ915

they're marketing names, it's like Jackson calling their USA line 'Select' as if they are somehow better than if they weren't 'Select' you know.

• Dan

Well, seeing how all deluxe models are LTD's and Customs are...from one of the custom shops in Japan made with higher grade everything, that's the difference.

• Gfunk

Well, seeing how all deluxe models are LTD's and Customs are...from one of the custom shops in Japan made with higher grade everything, that's the difference.

I think he was talking about ESPs.

As DJ stated it is simply a marketing series, but I think most older ESP "Custom" series were neck-thru, while most "Deluxe" series ESPs were bolty. That being said, there is no consistency to older ESP methods. I am sure there are many exceptions.

• Creepingshredder

Deluxes are nice, but custom is usually a change in wood or inlay and only about 5 were made, unless you mean custom shop, then it is a matter of what you put on the guitar

Cancel