Some questions about ESP MX-250!

Updated
Munchy5150
Hi my names Josh and im new to the forum. Im trying to get hold of an ESP Mx-250 Ive read through loads of threads on this forum and i understand that they are available on Ebay, but im looking to get a new one and from what i have learnt know they are only made in Japan for roughly $2000. i also know that you guys on here are quite shy about sharing the information about where you get yours made in order to protect your supply... which i appreciate! (i'd do the same) But is there anyone who could point me in the right direction? For instance, when you bought your MX did you have to go to Japan or were you able to order from the custom shop online? Do ESP's custom shops produce the guitar or are they made through other custom guitar builders such as Shamray? Im aware that you guys have probably spouted the same information countless times! but if you could give me any clue as to which direction i could head in i would be exceptionally grateful! ... Go easy on me!
guitarsatbmusic

Ive read through loads of threads on this forum and i understand that they are available on Ebay, but im looking to get a new one and from what i have learnt know they are only made in Japan for roughly $2000.

I would revisit that price

i also know that you guys on here are quite shy about sharing the information about where you get yours made in order to protect your supply... which i appreciate! (i'd do the same) But is there anyone who could point me in the right direction?
Japan

For instance, when you bought your MX did you have to go to Japan or were you able to order from the custom shop online?
You can not buy direct from ESP

Do ESP's custom shops produce the guitar or are they made through other custom guitar builders such as Shamray?
ESP build them, Shamray are NOT associated with ESP and never will be!

gainiac

I went to Japan to get mine. But I was already going to be there.

Best bet is eBay.

Badseed

Check your Private Messages Munchy5150!;)

Munchy5150

Thanks for the help everyone

René

I´m new in the forum, too.
I have a esp ltd exp 200 already but i wanted to buy a real eet fuk explorer from japan so i have the same problem like munchy5150.

load more replies (1 of 1)
V.S.

because james said they wont, im pretty sure they dont make explorers anymore

Mick

because james said they wont, im pretty sure they dont make explorers anymore

*facepalm*

massive :lol at the shamray bit

k0nrad

hello. I have both of them, i mean a shamray expolorer and an original mx-2 (the latest name of mx250). For the shamray one i went to shamray and had to wait 8 months... i paid not so much (around $1800) and i have to say im satisfied with it at all... great sound. Anyway i found on ebay an original one after i got my shamray and having saved some money i decided to get that one too... I paid a lot (i guess it was around 3500 bucks plus delivery). the seller is well know here, he is from texas and has been leaving in japan for a while... Which one is best? the esp but it costs a lot more. The shamray is really very nice (i can compare it to a gibsdon explorer) for the price.

Pushead

The shamray is really very nice (i can compare it to a gibsdon explorer) for the price.

Yes, the Shamray is exactly like a Gibsdon Explorer. Except $800 more. And worth less if you ever sell it.

Dark Alone

Tony's collection FTW.

Colin Parks ESP Artist

nice v nice.

Fordman65

Sweet MX220!

René

Can anyone send me the data of a custom shop in japan pls

Colin Parks ESP Artist

buy my mx 250

René

No man:p

i have the chance to buy a real esp mx 220 with the original middlefinger inlays.
All i want to know is what you would pay for this.

Anthony M.

how much you selling for?

JamesAC

My next buy is gonna be a white mxII like tonyjh3's or konrad's.
Gotta get my EXP refinished first tho. Any thoughts on how much one of these costs?

singlecoilpickup

Hey guys... I would say that a MX220... would be up over 6k.... Possibly way over the 6K mark...

:rollin

Not quite. You could almost get a Ken Lawrence for that price.

A brand new MX from Japan typically lists for $2500-$3500 on eBay.

Gfunk

:rollin

Not quite. You could almost get a Ken Lawrence for that price.

A brand new MX from Japan typically lists for $2500-$3500 on eBay.

An MX-250 and an MX-220 are not the same.

singlecoilpickup

A KL would be way over the 6k mark...

Im having Ken build me an Explorer at the moment... It around the 7500 mark... Mine has a lot of inlay work on it and is nothing like James's out side of the body style...

I was talking aftermarket. I've seen them sell between $5000-$6000 used.

Obviously if you're going straight to Ken you're looking at $7500+ and a 2 year wait.

load more replies (3 of 3)
Pushead

ESP Explorer School - Know Your MX

mx_250

My first and my latest I bought used in excellent condition.

The second mx which is the Customshop I got an offer from the ESP Boss in Sweden where I live at that time since I worked in a music store and he knew me and that I was all into these guitars. So he asked me if I wanted it cus he could bring it to me from Japan, The guy who ordered that guitar in Japan had for unknown reasons to cancel is purchase so I got the opportunity  to buy it. It costed 6800$ Cus it was a Customshop.... But yolo ? So I grabbed it ofc

Please check mx_250 @ Instagram for pics and vidz! 

Cheers !

Gfunk
mx_250 wrote:
 It costed 6800$ Cus it was a Customshop....

Jesus E Christo! 

mulysa

i'd just had an edwards EX-110D to ease my cravings for EXP/MX250 a lil' bit. hahaha

Post to Thread