Tell me what you think of my Custom Shop I got

Updated
Paramedic006
I got a 1995 or 1996 ESP MIII Custom Shop in a left hand and wanted to show it off. It has a one piece mahagony body with a nicely figured maple cap. Maple neck with Ebony fretboard and a matching headstock to the body. Black hardware with locking sperzels, original floyd rose, EMG 9V with 81 bridge, SA middle, 89 neck that is coil tapped on volume. Color is see thru green. I think it kicks ass. This is my first ESP so let me know what you think.
jsp

Looking at lefty guitars always trips me out, like I have to reverse what I'm seeing in my head.

The guitar looks nice.

KirkRhoads

:eek:Whoa! Freckin' nice dude!! I can totally see that with a reversed headstock!

load more replies (1 of 1)
Paramedic006

Nope, I just got it used with OHSC. I'm the 3rd owner

Gfunk

Cool.

I thought the Hollywood shop was only open for a few years a little later, like 98-00 or something. Awesome geetah regardless.

Paramedic006

I talked to ESP guitars yesterday and they told me it closed not to long after the 96 and all the records were destroyed. The interesting part is the serial number on the ESP is 059 but they told me they randomize the serial numbers so the axe before it could have been 5411 and the one after could have been 01234. The tech I talked to was actually watching the guitar on ebay until I got it.

Gfunk

I talked to ESP guitars yesterday and they told me it closed not to long after the 96 and all the records were destroyed.

Wow, I have read very different info.

Paramedic006

I also thought they closed in 1998 or 2000. I didn't know about the record keeping on serials though. Hard to say who's right.

BLS

I got a 1995 or 1996 ESP MIII Custom Shop in a left hand and wanted to show it off. It has a one piece mahagony body with a nicely figured maple cap. Maple neck with Ebony fretboard and a matching headstock to the body. Black hardware with locking sperzels, original floyd rose, EMG 9V with 81 bridge, SA middle, 89 neck that is coil tapped on volume. Color is see thru green. I think it kicks ass. This is my first ESP so let me know what you think.

Killer axe! Congrats, very nice find!

jaymz097

That axe is balls deluxe, what a find, especially for a lefty. The same back plate as mine which is 3199 with the New York, New York and the JAF postal box in NYC. It's too bad the records were lost or destroyed. I tried to research mine but ran into a dead end.

Paramedic006

I think as far as mine is concerned all I will ever know about it is what ESP told me. The only other fact I know is that when I was cutting the deal with the previous owner, the original owner who ordered it tried to buy it back but the previous owner honored his agreement with me so I got it. I think guitar players for the most part are honorable, I mean hell it's sort of a religion lol. Thanks for all the input and praises guys.

metalhobo

Hotness.

ESP

The shop was definitely open in '98, because I was there that year and met the luthier, John. That particular shop wasn't open much longer when he moved into the main ESP facility through '01.

Pushead

I love that color!

Curt Daddy

Sick guitar!!! i'd hit it if I were a lefty! congas!

BroKV

I'm left handed, but play the guitar right handed. But sweet guitar.

Paramedic006

I love this forum. the gibson and fender forums are boring. It helps that ESP offers a whole broader range of guitars. Iappreciate the feedback for my axe guys.

Zombre

THAT is friggin' beautiful. Nice axe.

Post to Thread