Delivery time

Updated
nigel211bmw
Hi Guys.........how long did you guys who have bought a custom shop guitar have to wait from the day you ordered it to the day it arrived? Mine has taken very nearly 7 months, and apparantly its due in May...what sort of time have you had to wait?
Syrinx

Check the next thread here :D Nileguy had to wait over a year for his :(

nigel211bmw

Bloodyhell I hope I dont have to wait that long, I was quoted 6 months, and its 7 now and I have been told by my dealer its coming in may.

I also read tonight that lots of you seem to have been sent your customs and there seems to be lots of mistakes with them, wrong colours etc.........is this common??????????

Oh and another thing, I never asked at the time as I just assumed as I have paid £2250 quid for my guitar It would come with a case, but was I right, does it come cased??

BrazilianBootyLover

Mine has taken very nearly 7 months, and apparantly its due in May.

I ordered mine in August of 07 and no word as if was even built yet.

does it come cased??

Yes, the case is included with the price.

nigel211bmw

Thats bad.......I spoke to my dealer again today and he has assured me that my guitar will be here the first 2 weeks in June...and I ordered and paid for 50 percent of mine upfront on the 8th october 2007.

What has your dealer said to you about it???

ESPManiac

From what i have heard from people in England. Their ESP Custom orders have come through really well. As it seems, the problems were just from the 'mericans...dont know if we are subjected to the same fuckery.

To be honest i would hope so, you paid basically $4500. I cannot say for sure, but that seems a bit more than ESP USA. So they have some added incentive in the build.

Guitarslingerans

From what i have heard from people in England. Their ESP Custom orders have come through really well. As it seems, the problems were just from the 'mericans...dont know if we are subjected to the same fuckery.

To be honest i would hope so, you paid basically $4500. I cannot say for sure, but that seems a bit more than ESP USA. So they have some added incentive in the build.

What does price paid have to do with it?

-Ans-

ESPManiac

on getting custom quotes in the UK as compared to custom quotes in the US. My US ones have always been cheaper. Thus, when converted into Yen it is more on a UK custom.

Get paid more, use better woods, better support, more care.

Could be 100% wrong, just how it seems

Guitarslingerans

on getting custom quotes in the UK as compared to custom quotes in the US. My US ones have always been cheaper. Thus, when converted into Yen it is more on a UK custom.

Get paid more, use better woods, better support, more care.

Could be 100% wrong, just how it seems

You go through a dealer, the dealer has a margin of profit. It's very possible that you have a dealer at home that makes a larger margin of profit. I couldn't imagine that ESP would charge higher base cost other than exchange rate differences, around the world.

-Ans-

ESPManiac

35% off for both. Seemed odd to me, thats why i started asking US dealers.

guitarsatbmusic

You go through a dealer, the dealer has a margin of profit. It's very possible that you have a dealer at home that makes a larger margin of profit. I couldn't imagine that ESP would charge higher base cost other than exchange rate differences, around the world

Nothing to do with dealer margin at all. Distributors have a margin, and then, there is 21% VAT on top of ANY price as well, just to use the UK as an example.

Post to Thread