KH-2 Serial Number Question

Updated
likelinus
I've got a KH-2 that I purchased in the early 90's (maybe 1993). I'm curious what number did ESP started building these guitars at. My number is K-2005. I've seen one on ebay that said they got theirs in 1995 and it was a low number build. I think theirs was 24XX. Did they start at 2000?
1point8t

I want to say they started around 1992, but don't hold me to it. I'm not schooled in the KH series. Kirk did play the Zorlac with the skull/crossbone inlays that were vertically placed and had the Jackson headstock... I think he got that around 88. Then there was an ESP M-II that had the horizontal skull/crossbones, but no Kirk Hammett designation, I think those were from 90-91. Then around 92-93, they released the actual KH model. Someone else please correct me if I'm wrong...but I think that info is pretty accurate. I'm not sure about what serial # the KH series started with...

likelinus

Yeah, I'm not positive what year I got it. I was around 14/15 at the time and it had to be 92 or 93. Maybe someone from ESP can answer the question :)

frantic77

i have a KH-2 with serial# k-2983
check card says it's from jul-1995

Crazyfrase

again...............makes sense!

frantic77

i forgot...my KH-1 is from '97 with serial#K-1870

likelinus

which would make sense. Kh-1 isn't a KH-2 and it's serial number would start at 1000.

jed s.

I know this is very old but I have a 94 that is k2282

suffer_remain

I got a KH2 maybe from the year 2000-2002 and it only got ' Made In Japan " sticker and " ESP Custom Guitar " stamp and no serial number at the back of the headstock. The only serial number it got is on the neck plate. The guitar came with COA luckily. Why ESP do this?

Eddie H.

I have a KH 2 i got for a great deal. The guy had no certificate but said he thought it was a mid to late 90's model Ser # K2-3161. Is this a good guess to say its the 3161 Kh2 made? I'm estimating it to be a 1997 or 1998 can anyone help/? Thanks,Eddie

GuitarsCollector

LOOK HERE!!!

I THINK YOU ARE THE OWNER OF THE 5th GUITAR MADE!!!!

www.GuitarsCollector.com

Stephen W.

I'm looking for a KH2 # 2158

The Colonel

Yes I also believe you have only the 5th KH-2 ever made...as most of us know the K stands for the Kiso custom shop and the 2 denotes its a KH-2 and therefore all the earlier serial numbers start K-2xxx the x being the build number of the first 100 made with the circled ESP Custom Guitars logo also on the back of the headstock next to the serial number...they started production around 1993 I believe as I own one from that year and mine has a serial number of K-2077 so is the 77th ever made at Kiso hence why your K-2005 is in my opinion only the 5th ever made...great find well done! Mine plays better than any other guitar I have ever owned...neck is amazing!

Pushead

The K on the KH guitars don't stand for Kiso. They stand for Kirk. The serial number format didn't change to include the factory until the 2000s.

The KH guitars from that era were likely made at the Sado factory, which primarily made bolt-on neck guitars.

Nickey J.

Good to be here for this post. 

michael s.

i've had mine since new and was 93-94 left handed 1124 , was told it was one of only 11 left handed at the time.  Got it through venue music in Sydney Australia

michael s.

oh plate says 1124 , headstock is k21175 so 1996? I have a the signed certificate somewhere and i believe it says 1124 on that

Ricardo S.

Hi there! 

I have a KH2-NTB, that came with a pair of EMG 81, and an original Floyd Rose. According guitarscollector, my guitar was made in june 14th 1993, and is the number 464.

I bought it without a case and the certificate, and I'd like to know if it is possible to get this complement. Take a look at the pics.

Post to Thread