1991 Custom Custom Horizon

Updated
rkn4ever
Hey troops, I recently purchased the (make that THE) 1991 Flying Eagle Custom Horizon show guitar (also on the cover of the 1991 catalogue). Is there anyone out there that has the 1991 catalogue? So far, getting documentation for the guitar has proven impossible. I'm keeping it as an investment, but docs would help establish value. Thanx.
1point8t

I take it you bought this from Chris Grimmett? It is a legit guitar, I provided him with the image of the '91 catalog on his site. I don't have a hard copy of the catalog unfortunately, maybe try calling ESP vs. emailing them and tell them what you have, they might be able to send you some form of documentation. Aside, that's such a nice guitar, congrats on picking her up.

Greatdeceiver

And dont forget to post some pics ;)

rkn4ever

I've emailed & called ESP; left voicemail, guess I'll call tomorrow. I did get it from Chris.
Been dealing with him for about 6 years now. I also contacted an outfit on the net that deals in vintage catalogues. So far, no luck, very few replies.

rkn4ever

Thanx. If I had a better color printer, I'd print a copy. Working on it.

rkn4ever

I'll be taking some photos soon.

1point8t

Good luck! Get some pics of the Horizon posted when you get a minute too.

ibanezaholic

if your getting it for a investment. get a vintage fender strat or tele thats where the real investments are at. look into the fullertons

rkn4ever

Have a custom Strat, but so do many others. I figured that if an everyday Horizon
Custom sells for 3400 - 5000, an "only one in the world" will appeal to someone other than myself. Of course, I didn't pay retail, either. So just selling it at the going price
would give me avery nice return.

rkn4ever

As far as photos go, my computer at home took a dump. I am sure my boss will let me
upload from my office. Just need time to take the shots. Long boring story. Stay tuned, I'll get to it soon.

rkn4ever

Just received a phone call from ESP. I'll forward some photos to them and get a letter from the president of the company as to the authenticity of the guitar. He was there 17
years ago and remembers it.

1point8t

Fuckin badass man, way for Matt to step up!

rkn4ever

Some good news: I won the ebay auction for the catalogue and I'll be taking photos on
Wednesday after work. I'll post them asap. I've never posted photos here I'm a newbie:
some directions, please.

1point8t

Download the photos on photobucket or something comparable... when you make your post, click on the icon that has the mountain picture, and you cut and paste the url from photobucket between the set of brackets that pop up when you click the icon. It's pretty easy.

rkn4ever

Thanx, there are some things that I am not computer savy (savvy?).

rkn4ever

Well I'll give it a shot

rkn4ever

didn't work. tried to upload as attachments. don't know where they went.

Post to Thread