ESP M-II Custom (Custom shop?)

Updated
jamesw
hi, im new to esp- ive traditionally been a fender/kramer kind of person... i was wondering if anyone on here could shed any light on my new guitar, i think the previous owner posted on here back in 1998, and id like to see if i can find out anything more about it. anyway, its an m-ii custom, serial no. 50550... i believe from 1990/1993 ive been told there may be some sort of lynch/kamikaze 4 link to it... can anyone shed any light on it? i dont really know any more than that, other than the fact it plays beautifully, and looks cool... also, the pink covers on the pickups are just stickers- shall i leav them on or take em off? any suggestions from u guys? i always assumed esp custom shops had stamps on the back of their necks saying esp custom shop, but the back of this ones neck is blank. is this guitar a custom shop guitar? its not a standard series colour- its the same shade of green as the kamikaze 4. the pics make it look a bit like a vomit sort of green but in the flesh its amazing... :hat... its pretty much the colour of that guys hat. let me know if more pics would be helpful thanks james
chevy Z 302

i thought donting bought that recently8o

:\

Gfunk

i thought donting bought that recently

Yeah, me too.

ESPManiac

Nice to get more english people on here!
Congrabs on the guitar!!

....wherabouts in england you from?

jamesw

im from leeds, way ooop north. good to be on here... ive always loved esp's, and its great to have such a sweet example. its also nice to find such a friendly, non-abusive forum!

just thought... another query- does anyone know of where i could possibly source a replacement trem arm for this guitar? the previous owner states that he sent it to get refinished as the auction was running, but it somehow got misplaced by them... but says he will pay for a replacement trem (hes a very helpful, decent guy) - tho i dont really want it replaced as it is in pretty much mint condition (no corrosion whatsoever) so it would be a shame to change it- Most older esp trems i looked at appeared to have been raped by the corrosion monster. Hes currently helping me find a new trem arm, but i thought id see if anyone had any ideas on here.

i cant really give specific details about the fitting- i think it clips on somehow, and there is a grub screw which i suppose would secure it- i have reason to believe these are hard to find!
the trem is pat no4171661, and no 4497238... if that helps.

ive managed to source components for a long discontinued kahler flyer in the past so i remain optimistic for the trem arm!

T-nuts

im from leeds, way ooop north. good to be on here... ive always loved esp's, and its great to have such a sweet example. its also nice to find such a friendly, non-abusive forum!

Uh oh:rollin

jamesw

sorry, thats no. 4497236

Sjusovaren

hi, im new to esp- ive traditionally been a fender/kramer kind of person... i was wondering if anyone on here could shed any light on my new guitar, i think the previous owner posted on here back in 1998, and id like to see if i can find out anything more about it.

anyway, its an m-ii custom, serial no. 50550... i believe from 1990/1993
ive been told there may be some sort of lynch/kamikaze 4 link to it... can anyone shed any light on it?

i dont really know any more than that, other than the fact it plays beautifully, and looks cool...

also, the pink covers on the pickups are just stickers- shall i leav them on or take em off? any suggestions from u guys?

i always assumed esp custom shops had stamps on the back of their necks saying esp custom shop, but the back of this ones neck is blank. is this guitar a custom shop guitar? its not a standard series colour- its the same shade of green as the kamikaze 4. the pics make it look a bit like a vomit sort of green but in the flesh its amazing... :hat... its pretty much the colour of that guys hat.

let me know if more pics would be helpful

thanks
james

I'd like to see more pics please. :hat *drools*

Justinschut

nice :D

sp1ke

sweet guitar dude!

xplorer

Yeah, stay out of the general forum if you want to keep that vision of this board ;)

chevy Z 302

ok cool i didnt want anyone to get burned ya know.

congrats, i love that guitar and i wouldnt change a thing.

oh and as long as you dont act like a dick or treat others with respect and figure how things run here, you'll be fine. We're not that abusive, just occasionally.

Post to Thread