Devin townsend custom 7?

Updated
Matt08642
Can anybody post some pics or specs for the Cutom 7 string that Devin had made? Also, my first post here :D
Microdomus

^^Yeah...a stunning instrument!

Matt08642

Well, I guess I'll keep saving for that custom! How long was the wait before it was shipped to you?

SYL

8 months

load more replies (1 of 1)
SA-WEET

damn SYL, i love ur guitars

Matt08642

Lol, 3 posts in a row, all starting with Damn SYL

EchoSix

I know the pickup placement is meant to tighten the sound or something but it just kills it for me, you pick right against it come on.

load more replies (2 of 2)
JonTKK

if yr gonna play in a tuning that has a low G, with the fury that devin does it in, you definately need a baritone to keep things from "wobbling"

Dark Alone

if yr gonna play in a tuning that has a low G, with the fury that devin does it in, you definately need a baritone to keep things from "wobbling"

I play in G on a 25.5" scale Viper-407. Sounds fine.

Sixstringhotshot

To most ears, you're right. I bet you could benefit from a baritone though. I know I'd notice an IMMENSE difference.

Dark Alone

I'm sure it would help, I don't dispute that at all.

But it's not like you CAN'T do it with anything less than a baritone scale. Because you can, and I do.

riku

just get a SC607B. If they're good enough for Dev, then they're more than good enough for you!

Dark Alone

Yes, he does. ;)

Miguel

I've never had a problem picking on mine. Funny I've been hearing people bitch about the middle pickup for years until they try it....then its " oh I thought it was gonna get in the way.. Cool". lol

ESPDan

If you have ridiculously terrible picking technique then it would likely be a problem.

+1

I have never had a problem with the middle hum. Why would you be hitting it with your pick? It doesn't make any sense. If you are hitting a middle hum it is all in your technique, and it's something you should fix anyways.

EchoSix

Typical esp forum response :rolleyes:. Everyone has a different technique and picks differently and mine is just fine thank you. I was simply expressing my opinion on the guitar.

load more replies (3 of 3)
nikt

I had problems with that. First I put my middle pickup a little bit lower and just get used to it, then I set it like I wanted (and that was way higher) and don't have problems with that now

and the problem came from my previous guitars. all 2hb or single HB, and I didn't have to watch how far (deep) I'm putting pick under strings

BlakeWolf

SYL, amazing guitar.

As for that custom Tele, I've never liked them but that Stef custom, what a beaut!

deftoneskidd

I've had the SC-500, SC-607B, and now my SRC.. no middle pickup problems..

Matt, you can expect an actual price range of $4200-4800 on a $6000 retail price, depending on your dealer.. Some dealers may do a little better than 4000, but wouldn't expect any lower than $3900.. Actual price paid is generally 70-80% of the MSRP.

You can get a custom shop built B7 for about half as much as a custom order. Bang for the buck.

Post to Thread