Headstock questions.

Updated
Kalibur
1.I wanted to ask does ESP make custom headstocks along with the bodies or do they only make THEIR headstocks and no other manufacturers. 2.If they do make custom headstocks which one ofthese do you think would look best on my guitar? Dean Razorback headstock Jackson King V headstock or ESP pointed headstock?
B1ackD3at4

ESP will not do other manufacturers headstocks if your in the U.S. if i remember correctly.

unbeliever

Hello Everyone,

Please help me identify or verify :) this guitar. I'm before buying it and I want to clear out if it is a original or not. I'm new to ESP's unfortunatelly, and I don't want to miss this chance if this guitar is worth it.
The only thing I know that the PU's were changed and the owner dates it to '83...
Thank you all for your help!!!!

Creepingshredder

The Custom insignia looks kinda sketchy, and there is no serial number or Custom Shop stamp on the back of the headstock, but I wasn't alive in 83, so, I would email the guy asking if he has any kind of paperwork authenticating it. Someone else might be able to shed a little more light on it

load more replies (1 of 1)
Creepingshredder

That probably killed him :)

unbeliever

Thanks for the responses so far!
More clues (Maybe they're aren't so effective):
-The owner states that he got a confirmation from the ESP company that the guitar is very likely their make
-it has very nice quality jumbo frets
-there is a screwhole under the scratchplate which presumes that this is not the original one
-one string guide is missing, just above teh ESP logo

load more replies (1 of 1)
dissonance

If the string guide were in place, it looks like it would slightly cover part of the ESP logo. I don't know of any company that puts their logo in a place where it'll be covered, even partially...

Grindting

payless

unbeliever

Thank you guys for all the info and help!!!
I think I will stick to my tele for awhile...and searcing for an original ESP.

Post to Thread