Jon Donais Custom M-II

Updated
Jon Donais Custom M-II
Sorry, got instructions to yank the photo...
chevy Z 302

damn esp knocked that one out of the park

SYL

Nice looking guitar. Position of the knob is a bit questionable though.

load more replies (1 of 1)
tee5150ii

natural flame looks so friggin' good.

BigSillyGoose

Wow, very nice.

Congrats, Mod!

Dingbat-Walabi

any updates on the custom generator situation? is it happening?

BigSillyGoose

I'd thank you if it was actually mine.

Congrats on posting it!

Det Brinnande Röda

amazingly boring.. but nice looking anyway.

Bluerob

My LTD M-200 has a pair of Dimarzio humbuckers, a Steve Special at neck and a Evolution at bridge....standard volume and tone pots.
I will like to upgrade the electronics to squeeze all the juice possible.
What would you tone masters recommend on pups height and the best "size" (value) of pots for volume and tone?8o

BrazilianBootyLover

Nice! Thats the type of bridge on my custom! Oh and wtf is natural oil? When I ordered the options were gloss or satin. wtf!

Yo Daddy

Fuck yeah! About time he came back to ESP. Is he done with Washburn then?

MV-CTM

Looks pretty nice \m/

lt1z

ESP Face Eraser.... Needs a Floyd or a Kahler but other than that I like it.

ZephMan

Lol, bye bye Washburn, they always have thier acoustivs to fall back on lol.

I would have been cooler with a Pointed headstock Imo, GOOD JOB ESP! just like always;)

*edit* THAT should be your next sig. for sure.

DUKE

i think the fact that it has no inlays is pretty badass, too. a tone knob would be nice too.

it's real simple, but awesome.

Det Brinnande Röda

Why?

Are you the type that thinks every custom needs to be some kind of over the top body style with ibex horns and human fingernails as inlays?

:lol naah asshole:b

It's just not my cup.. but I can still see the beauty in it...

Metal Mortician

Thank God it doesn't have that weird elongated-strat body that the face eraser has. Those just look "off" to me.
BTW, I always wondered why Jon has preferred the strat/tele string thru bridges, rather than a tune-o-matic.

MV-CTM

Thank God it doesn't have that weird elongated-strat body that the face eraser has. Those just look "off" to me.
BTW, I always wondered why Jon has preferred the strat/tele string thru bridges, rather than a tune-o-matic.
ummm, possibly he likes the feel better? The answer is kind of obvious.

Metal Mortician

Very true. I was just thinking that he was going to switch to Floyds, since his snakeskin Face Eraser has one.

rockinhockey

its cool but there's something about it im not digging. plus i do not like that headstock at all.

BrazilianBootyLover

I always wondered why Jon has preferred the strat/tele string thru bridges, rather than a tune-o-matic.

ummm, possibly he likes the feel better? The answer is kind of obvious.

You are correct! I hate the feel of tune o matic's! Floyds and fender strat like fixed bridged feel more natural. I order the same bridge on my custom M II.

shakeESP

Wicked! I didn't know Jon is now with ESP, SWEET!

And is it just me or are the pickups on his guitars set further apart than normal? If so, is the bridge moved up also to increase string tension, like what Caparison do on the HGS models?

Awsome guitar, I'll enjoy drooling over that when I see SF in November.

ZephMan

Sorry, got instructions to yank the photo...

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Post to Thread