NGD! Dead Mint ESP JH-2 Explorer. (Thanks fellow community member)

Updated
NGD! Dead Mint ESP JH-2 Explorer. (Thanks fellow community member)

Wow this thing is dead mint. Was in storage for like 15 or more years Maybe even since 1999. I can't find one imperfection on it.

Big thanks to member Flying Dutchmen in the Netherlands. He messaged me about a Grynch he had from 2003 and it had the original sales receipt with my name it from when I bought the one he has in 2003 from 48th Street Custom guitars in NYC.

We were chatting back and forth and I told what I was looking for (JH-2, Iron Cross, JH-3 etc.) He found an auction in Germany for this guitar. Sadly the seller would not ship. I have a big fan base on YouTube and one of my kind subscribers actually went, got the guitar, packed it and shipped it to me! Full video will be on this channel this weekend: https://www.youtube.com/user/mesaseany/videos

I have not played it yet as I can tell it needs a set up and the strings are like 15-19 years old lol But wow.....I cannot find a single ding, mark, imperfection...nothing. It's like it was made yesterday. Crazy...

Pics! and the rest of the pics are here: 

and here: https://www.instagram.com/p/B7Zd-6qFMw6/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Tondog

Sweet!

frantic77

Congrats!

Mesa Sean

Thanks dudes! 

I did a full set up and it plays great. The intonation is a tiny bit off which is crazy as the guitar as not been played in so long. The neck really has no issues in terms of a back or front bow. The fret board needed a serious cleaning and come out stunning. Plays and sounds great. Threw on some .11's and tuned it to Eflat. 

Breadfan32

Excellent score!  Congrats. 

Mazze F.

Congratulations on finding one with a COA! I got my Jh 2 a couple of years ago, sadly without the COA.. 

What a monster it is! Plays like a dream and sounds like a frikkin' sledgehammer :-) :-)

Dominic D.

Is the video coming soon? Looking forward to seeing it 

Mesa Sean

Yeah I am waiting for one of my YouTube sponsors to send me these Key Lights to start making some proper guitar videos, aside from my regular content.

ESP 348

Congrats mate!! What an awesome guitar!

Looking forward to the video!

johnny7322

Very nice. Subscribed

Mesa Sean

Here is the full video on the JH-2 and the story behind it:

[NEW VIDEO] DO MIRACLES HAPPEN?? A Subscriber Helps With A Long Held Dream!

Flying Dutchmen

Great story Sean and even more, fantastic Guitar! Enjoy and cheers from Grynch from Holland! 

Mesa Sean
Flying Dutchmen wrote:

Great story Sean and even more, fantastic Guitar! Enjoy and cheers from Grynch from Holland! 

Thanks dude!

ESPEXP

Congrats man! Looks really nice!

FlameToBlack

Amazing! Thank you for sharing this special story with us.

ESP 348

Great video man!! Thanks for sharing.

Have you weighed the JH2 yet? Would be cool to know what it weighs.

Dominic D.

I'd say it would weight about 5 or 6 kg or 11 to 13 pounds. That's what my remake I built weighs. 

Mesa Sean
ESP 348 wrote:

Great video man!! Thanks for sharing.

Have you weighed the JH2 yet? Would be cool to know what it weighs.

No I don't have a scale. It's heavier than my MXII-CTM's and MX-250 for sure. I LOVE heavy guitars though... I never get along with with light ones. I got lucky with my truckster as it also is very heavy compared to older Trucksters I had.

ESP 348

That's great man, no worries.

Post to Thread