New Kirk Hammett gold V sig???

Updated
New Kirk Hammett gold V sig???

I just ran into this post from Kirk on Instagram. What a beauty! could not find other pictures yet. 

Gautamabuddha78

Looking more closely it seems to have a partial scalloped neck like the later KH’s have. I hope we are going to see more of this one since I really love the RR look! Can’t wait to see better pics and action footage. Of course it can be a one of a kind request like the cherry red V shape which Kirk owns. (Not sure if I am right here). In that case we can probably move this thread to the custom shop forum. 

Gautamabuddha78

ESP 348

I have always loved the RR shape and I think this guitar looks great.

Pinian

That's exactly what it means big daddy

New D-tune guitar for sad but true? 

Guiguitarz

Look at that !

It seems like he's really enjoying the discover. #gooseflesh

ESP 348

Just found these great build shots of Kirk's new guitar on Facebook.

They are Black Limba wings glued onto that Maple neck.

And possibly an Ebony fretboard by the looks of it.

It definitely has the scalloped frets also.

Alamodome

These are great pictures of this build man. Thanks for sharing!!

ESP 348
Alamodome wrote:

These are great pictures of this build man. Thanks for sharing!!

No worries man, I am happy I came across them.

Pinian

Can anyone tell what the body wings are? It almost looks like alder. Maple neck thru with maple top? Very nice looking guitar. Thanks for the pics of the build!

ESP 348
Pinian wrote:

Can anyone tell what the body wings are? It almost looks like alder. Maple neck thru with maple top? Very nice looking guitar. Thanks for the pics of the build!

The guy on Facebook who originally posted the pics said it was Black Limba, also known as Korina.

Pinian
ESP 348 wrote:

The guy on Facebook who originally posted the pics said it was Black Limba, also known as Korina.

Ohh, well that's very nice then 

Pinian

Wonder how long the wait list is on USA custom with inlays and scalloping for us normal folk

Gautamabuddha78

These pics are awesome! Thanx for posting! I asked “Spongebrick” who is an ESP technician on Instagram for building details but he did not had any yet. I love the details shown here! 

metalhobo

should have went all in and just put nike swoops inlays

Jeff P.

I'm surprised it took this long for Kirk to get one of these.

Gautamabuddha78

this one was posted just today as well...

Mazze F.

Really nice V!!! Will probably replace the Rhoads V IF!! he chooses to play it live :-)

Cool pix of the construction too :-) Thanx for sharing you guys!!

ESP 348

Just saw this on Facebook, taken from Insta.

#2 of #3 for Kirk Hammett.

I really like the look of this one. Mainly because I love black guitars.

Kirk is such a lucky bastard to own such cool guitars.

Here are some pics.

alebtart

Looks amazing! Loving the inlays, very aggressive take on the Jackson one. Almost looks like a scythe 

ESP 348

Yeah man, I love this one more than the gold one.

Post to Thread