EII KH-2 Purple/Red sparkle Survey

Updated
EII KH-2 Purple/Red sparkle Survey

For the past few years, I have searched for my dream guitar from all the brands and artists only to discover that I had already the answer from my favorite band Metallica.  Then came ESP KH-2 Red sparkle and I knew it was the one. Luckily the release was amazingly fast and unfortunately it led to a double disappointment.  Indeed, sky rocket price for the ESP and bad finishes for the LTD.

Then followed interesting discussions on this forum that help me understand this contradiction.  Indeed, ESP limited editions are meant for the best dealers and collectors and even though you could afford it, it is quite difficult to get one as an outsider.  Moreover, LTD limited editions must be accessible to all the fans and therefore the selling cost must be as low as possible.  It meant for the LTD KH-2 Purple/Red sparkle: unpainted pick-ups, darker sparkle painting and goldish decal.

After a lot of frustrations and probably related that my guitar hero is Kurt Hammett, I have focused to find solutions.  After being knocked out while slipping and bumping my head when I was standing on my toilet to hang a clock, I had a vision: E-II (Aka flux capacitor, Back to the Futur).  Indeed, why not release E-II KH-2 Purple/Red sparkle with painted pick-ups and better finishes?

Would you be so kind to answer this survey, if you believe that you have also been left out in the cold or that E-II limited editions are completely useless.  Maybe we can use this opportunity to inform ESP and our guitar hero Kirk Hammett that they could also please a broader range of fans.

• “Stop torturing yourself, man! You’ll never afford it”
  • “It will be mine. Oh, yes. It will be mine”

(Wayne’s world)

Together we may have an impact on ESP business model for the good of the community.

Here the two simple questions:

1. Do you believe that ESP should release E-II KH-2 Purple/Red sparkle with painted pick-ups and better finishes to please a broader range of fans?
    1. Yes
    2. No
  2. Taking into consideration that ESP are for collectors
    1. I have decided not to purchase a LTD because of unpainted pick-ups
    2. I have purchased one LTD and I am not interested in E-II
    3. I have purchased two LTDs and I am not interested in E-II
    4. I have purchased one LTD and I would have been more interested in E-II
    5. I have purchased two LTDs and I would have been more interested in E-II
    6. I have purchased an ESP and I do support broader range of fans
    7. Others…

I would appreciate to avoid any discussions to track only the votes, so could you please only copy paste the two questions and submit your answer.

Philippe S.

Here the two simple questions:

1. Do you believe that ESP should release E-II KH-2 Purple/Red sparkle with painted pick-ups and better finishes to please a broader range of fans?
    1. Yes
    2. No
  2. Taking into consideration that ESP are for collectors
    2. I have purchased one LTD and I am not interested in E-II
    3. I have purchased two LTDs and I am not interested in E-II
    4. I have purchased one LTD and I would have been more interested in E-II
    5. I have purchased two LTDs and I would have been more interested in E-II
    6. I have purchased an ESP and I do support broader range of fans
    7. Others…

I would appreciate to avoid any discussions to track only the votes, so could you please only copy paste the two questions and submit your answer.

Answer:

1. Yes
  1. Taking into consideration that ESP are for collectors
Pushead
Philippe S. wrote:

After a lot of frustrations and probably related that my guitar hero is Kurt Hammett,

1) I don't care. ESP knows their business and have made their decision.

2) I have no interest in the sparkle Ouija guitars regardless of price range. Based on previous experience, Kirk will stop playing both guitars within the year.

Now, my own simple question:

1) What do you believe is an appropriate price for an E-II Sparkle Ouija?

Philippe S.

He will stop playing them for sure, but I do want the red sparkle because it is my dream guitar.

From benchmarking, I have evaluated the fair price of the ESP at 8k USD and I would say 3 to 4K for the E-II.

ESP 348
Philippe S. wrote:

I do want the red sparkle because it is my dream guitar.

If that is your dream guitar, then just buy it mate.

A very good friend of mine sadly passed away on Friday from a diagnosed brain aneurysm. He was only 44 years old and leaves behind a Wife and 8 year old daughter.

He was supposed to fly out this Thursday to have an operation to remove the aneurysm, but he didn't make it. We are all heart broken as you can imagine.

Don't take life for granted guys, tomorrow is not promised to anyone.

If that is your dream guitar and you can purchase it without totally ruining you or your family financially, then just buy it and enjoy mate. Don't fuck around.

For 10+ years I have told anyone that wants to listen that life is short, anything can happen so just do what makes you happy and enjoy every minute of it.

That is why I buy everything I want and do whatever I can whenever I can because I don't want to sit there on my death bed one day, whether it be 44 years old or 80 years and say "I wish I purchased this or I wish I did that".

Fuck that, life is too short and my friend Tim is a classic example as why we must act on our dreams and wishes so we don't leave this short life of ours having any regrets.

Pushead
ESP 348 wrote:

A very good friend of mine sadly passed away on Friday from a diagnosed brain aneurysm. He was only 44 years old and leaves behind a Wife and 8 year old daughter.

Sorry to hear about your friend, Pap. Best wishes to the rest of his family and daughter.

Alamodome
ESP 348 wrote:

I do want the red sparkle because it is my dream guitar.

If that is your dream guitar, then just buy it mate.

He was supposed to fly out this Thursday to have an operation to remove the aneurysm, but he didn't make it. We are all heart broken as you can imagine.

Don't take life for granted guys, tomorrow is not promised to anyone.

If that is your dream guitar and you can purchase it without totally ruining you or your family financially, then just buy it and enjoy mate. Don't fuck around.

For 10+ years I have told anyone that wants to listen that life is short, anything can happen so just do what makes you happy and enjoy every minute of it.

That is why I buy everything I want and do whatever I can whenever I can because I don't want to sit there on my death bed one day, whether it be 44 years old or 80 years and say "I wish I purchased this or I wish I did that".

Fuck that, life is too short and my friend Tim is a classic example as why we must act on our dreams and wishes so we don't leave this short life of ours having any regrets.

So sorry to hear Pap. My condolences to you and your families. 

ESP 348
Pushead wrote:

Sorry to hear about your friend, Pap. Best wishes to the rest of his family and daughter.

Cheers Pus, appreciate the kind words.

ESP 348
Alamodome wrote:

So sorry to hear Pap. My condolences to you and your families. 

Cheers my friend, thanks for the reply.

Philippe S.
ESP 348 wrote:

I am really sorry for your loses.  Thanks for your advise!  I will sureley find an alternative that will suit me.  That it is a good philosophie!  Instead, maybe it will ask the Black Cat  to realize a custome movie collection for myself.  He needs first to settle from is moving.  Or purchase a red LTD and wait for is painted pick-ups.

ESP 348
Philippe S. wrote:

I am really sorry for your loses.  Thanks for your advise!  I will sureley find an alternative that will suit me.  That it is a good philosophie!  Instead, maybe it will ask the Black Cat  to realize a custome movie collection for myself.  He needs first to settle from is moving.  Or purchase a red LTD and wait for is painted pick-ups.

Thank you Philipe, means a lot these kind messages from you guys. It's been a tough week.

Man, I am telling you!! You only live once, so make the most of it as best as you possibly can.

I hope it all works out for you. Take care and enjoy.

Dmc83

In the end ...lol

i think fan just want a ESP kh2 Ouija at an honest price

no ltd, no eii , no edwards and  others cheap esp brand divisions write on the headstock...

Esp should make a more afordable non limited edition without coa signed....

avalaible for a year only to purchase to every person who wants one

and continue to make the prestige limited model for celeb artist and peoples or collector who got big $$$$ 

And finally A more basic ltd model for the beginner or less fortunate persons

Because i totally agree about the fact kirk and james stop playing with their non unique guitars after a certain time

no more jh1 jh2, jh3 grynch, grey truckster, black iron cross ,kh1 kh3 and all black kh2 have been seen on stage since a long time...

Road King

I'd for sure like to see more sigs in E-II. I want good quality but don't want to play FFDP songs on a $5K guitar in my bedroom. Imagine bumping the headstock.

Philippe S.

Stupid is as stupid does.

It seems that I am the only fan of E-II KH releases.

We all do love the monster movie collection and it make even more sense, since how will it be possible to airbrush 25 to 50 guitars.

It seems the norm to have unpainted LTD pick-ups and in any case sky rocket ESP price.  So why not apply a decal on E-II that cover the pick-ups.

They could already make a test with an E-II White Zombie.

Snakebite

Besides the fact that Ouija guitars look cool as hell, big part of ESP Ouija lure is the unobtanium.

Once ESP start making E-II's and non limited ESP Ouija for cheaper I bet Ouija guitars will lose the whole mystique.

Post to Thread