KH-2 Bolt on discontinued?

Updated
KH-2 Bolt on discontinued?

I noticed the KH-2 BO on the model clearance page, has this model been discontinued?  

Guiguitarz

BO prices will increase 

dubster82

There was a black NTB too with metal bonebreakers wasn't there? So that's not listed and the Vintage has a 60A in the neck now, I assume to get closer to the new set but with the older look without the green.

Sephiroth

Neck-model coming back next year:- 

ESP 348

Possibly only neck-thru forever more now.

Prices for the bolt-on neck KH2s will definitely increase in value for those that love them.

Jeff P.

Never understood why there was a KH-2 BO.  I have one, plays great, but rather have all neck-thru's.

ESP 348
Jeff P. wrote:

Never understood why there was a KH-2 BO.  I have one, plays great, but rather have all neck-thru's.

I have one also, but love my neck-thrus WAYYYYYYYYYYY more!

I assume they would be cheaper to make, which is why they have had them for so long.

Kirk's original "Zorlac" was neck-thru in 1986. The bolt-ons would have come later on because they are cheaper to make.

Just my thoughts, I could be wrong.

Breadfan32

Does Kirk even play a KH 2 though?

All joking aside the KH 2 bolt on I had was awesome and I remember being a bit disappointed with the way the neck felt on the neck through model.  

ESP 348

I have never seen Kirk play a bolt-on unless it was his Wavecaster, Fender Strats etc.

I am sure he has played ESP bolt-ons, but I don't recall seeing him play them live over the last 20+ years.

(With the exception of all those LTD KH guitars he was breaking during their tour back in the late 90's.)

But I am sure he has played a few ESP bolt-on guitars, we don't get to see all their concerts.

Guiguitarz

He did, 

remember the video I've posted few months back, it was standing at their HQ with some fans around for a LOAD or RELOAD promotion, and a contest. He played a black Bolty KH-2.

Do not forget also that he has one of the bolty Ouija's from the 90's. cf. Fearfestevil guitar collection and NAMM show stand.

Jeff P.

I bought my KH-2 bo new in 96 for $1,400.00.  Was used to playing Kramer's for years, so the bo didn't bother me then.

christopher s.
Jeff P. wrote:

I bought my KH-2 bo new in 96 for $1,400.00.

Same here.  Probably still my best guitar I've had.  I satisfied my need for a neck-through "KH" with my MII NTB.

Guiguitarz

My first KH ever, was (and is actually my White Zombie today) one of my favorite guitar ever, just behind my Vintage. But better than my Greenburst for example.

And the first run of Ouija is just wonderful.

Jeff P.
ESP 348 wrote:

I have never seen Kirk play a bolt-on unless it was his Wavecaster, Fender Strats etc.

I am sure he has played ESP bolt-ons, but I don't recall seeing him play them live over the last 20+ years.

But I am sure he has played a few ESP bolt-on guitars, we don't get to see all their concerts.

Don't forget that "BIG" concert they played at Louie's Pub for the MTV's Motherload contest in 96.  Kirk did play a bolt-on during part of it.  Can be seen playing first song, Creeping Death... 

Guiguitarz

That's what I was talking about 

Jeff P.
Guiguitarz wrote:

That's what I was talking about 

I bought my KH-2 bolt-on after seeing this on MTV.

ESP 348

Cheers Jeff, forgot about this one.

Road King

My first ESP ever was a KH-2 bolt-on. The neck thrus were not offered back then, maybe only overseas. I used to prefer bolt-ons, but I like neck thrus just fine now. I think it makes more sense just to offer what the actual artist uses though.

christopher s.

...and the NTB is back!

Post to Thread