George Lynch Japan (noodz)

Updated
Kevin T.

Need help determining the production year of my GL sig model...any help is appreciated...the serial number is 023204, ink stamp on back of headstock, purple tiger burst, unmarked pickups...thanks in advance 

Kevin T.

Nothing?

Pushead

Unfortunately, there isn't much to go on from those early years. This is about the best anyone has been able to come up with.

http://www.guitarscollector.com/esp-serial-numbers.html

Kevin T.

That's too bad...I picked it up last week...looks legit to me...has all the right appointments but was looking for confirmation via serial number

Pushead

If you post photos, there are guys here that are super huge Lynch fans and collectors. They'll be able to tell you for sure.

Kevin T.

Will do...should I start a different thread or just add to this?

Pushead

Just add it to this. The more replies a post gets, the more likely the stragglers will pop in to see what's going on.

Otherwise, just add either "Hammett" or "noodz" to the thread title. That will get them, too.

Pims

I owned the 028204 model and asked customer service about it:

"Hello,
Thank you for allowing us the time to look closely into this matter and we greatly appreciate your patience. We have received a response from our production team. Unfortunately we have limited information available for older serial numbers, as ESP did not begin to keep detailed production records until after 2005, because of this we are only able to provide the generalized time frame of production for items produced prior to then. Based on the photos that you have provided it would appear the model in question would resemble a ESP Sunburst Tiger that would have been manufactured sometime in the late 1990's to early 2000's in Japan. Due to our insufficient records we will not be able to provide detailed information on this instrument. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Best Regards,
Customer Service"

Hopefully you could do the same thing

cheers

Kevin T.

Tried to no avail...here are some pics of anyone cares to weigh in on authenticity...tks

Kevin T.

Kevin T.

Kevin T.

Kevin T.

Patrick Y.

I'm definitely not an expert but looks just like mine.

Patrick Y.

Pushead

It's totally legit. I still don't have anything better to go on for the date.

Post to Thread