Used KH-602; Authentic/Legit?

Updated
Pat Winters

Hey all,

First time poster here. I just bought a used KH-602 online and I'd appreciate if someone more knowledgeable than myself could help me date the guitar and also offer their opinion regarding its authenticity. The serial number as written is W0614709 Korea.

The seller seemed reputable and had high reviews, so I have no reason to doubt him; I'd just like to hear some of your opinions on it.

Could anyone tell me if it has all the original equipment? Would it be fair to say that it's in near-mind condition? It's equipped with EMG 60/81, correct? And is that an Original Floyd Rose (as opposed to the 1000)?

I paid just over $600, which included the hard case and shipping. I'm very happy with it, but I'll feel better once I hear back from some of you guys.

Please let me know if there's any more information/pics I can provide. I appreciate you guys taking a look/offering any opinions you may have.

-P

AK

Yep. It seems legit. The year is 2006. Hardware looks a bit rusty and there are surface scratches. But other than that it seems ok to me. The pickups look like EMG 60 and 81. The 81 is the older EMG. The neck must have been changed to a newer one, hence the logo. So that one is a solderless one.

Tondog

Looks very legit. Not sure who would try and fake a 602 anyway so it's pretty safe.

Pat Winters

Thanks to both of you for your insight.

Is anyone able to offer an opinion on the Floyd Rose (Original vs. 1000 Series)?

If I understand it correctly, the KH602s had the Original up until about 2009, then they switched to the 1000. So If it's from 2006, it should be an Original (made in Germany)? Is anyone able to tell just from looking at it?

Appreciate it any help.

-Pat

JJ F.

I have a 2009 602 and it has the 1000 series which I find fine. Models from 2003 to 2005 came with the original floyd rose. All info can be found here: http://www.guitarscollector.com/ltd-kh-602.html

Post to Thread