KH-3 value

Updated
allan l.

Hey guys. Info on this guitar is hard to find. Its a bolt on model doesnt have a sn on the back of the neck. I think is a early model. Any idea what these are worth? 

allan l.

allan l.

Connor L.

Looking around, I noticed ESP 348 was looking to get around $2700 USD for it a year ago. His was bolt-on as well. There's a neck thru on eBay for about $4,400 USD. I don't know if the lack of a serial model would drive the price up or down. Normally I would think down due to increased risk its counterfeit, but if it's because it's an early model and you have a COA and everything, I would reckon that would work in your favor. Unfortunately I don't know much else to help you out more! If you decide to be generous and let it go for cheaper than $2k I'd be interested, but I'm guessing it's worth a tad more than that 

allan l.

Thanks for the response.  I'm looking to sell it just trying to figure out specifics on the guitar .

ESP 348

Hello guys,

I ended up selling mine for US $2500 just over 12 months ago now.

Mine was bolt on, mint condition with COA and OHC. Sold locally here in Australia to a collector who is extremely happy with it.

Depending on condition, I think the prices would range from $1500 to $2500 for the bolt on models IMO.

But it looks like your guitar has some wear/chips on the body and on the headstock?

If you have no COA, no OHC and in that condition I would be trying to get $1500 if I was lucky for that guitar.

Best of luck with the sale mate. Here is a picture of mine, it's not the best picture but it really was a cool guitar.

allan l.

Thanks for the info!

NRudy

i have one for sale at $3000.

ESP 348

Is it bolt on Nate or NTB? Any pics?

ESP 348

Here is an interesting KH3 for sale on Ebay. Asking US $1800 in average condition.

With an extra knob?

Terrible pictures!! Extremely terrible! Lol

But check out the head stock on this one.

It has a bolt on neck also.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/esp-custom-shop-les-paul-signature-kh3-kirk-hammett-kh-3/192550351300?epid=23019880769&hash=item2cd4e531c4:g:2ZYAAOSwgJlbCCop

Guiguitarz

Interesting "open book" style headstock for a bolty ...

I'll be 20km away from that guitar in 5 days ...

Don't really understand what the guy tries to explain with the electronic. I can ask more details with his mother tongue language which is the same as mine 

ESP 348

Yeah, interesting hey!

Send him a PM and see if he knows anymore about that guitar. Just curious.

It sounds like he doesn't, but I assume it was a JDM guitar which is why it ended up with that headstock on it for a bolty.

And the guitar ended up in France many years later lol.

Guiguitarz

What is a JDM guitar Pap ?

We're texting right now.

I know the store where he bought it.

Guiguitarz

Looks like the guitar is far away from the modification that has been done. He's telling me that "it's like Gibson" so I deduced 2 Vol. 2 Tones.

There's a trouble around the switch, like the ring is loose or something.

Not a bargain at all. Will try to know more about the headstock.

ESP 348
Guiguitarz wrote:

What is a JDM guitar Pap ?

We're texting right now.

I know the store where he bought it.

JDM means Japanese Domestic Market.

I couldn't make out the invoice, but I thought it may have been ordered in Japan and ended up in France over time.

My 2003 KH3 Custom Shop was a 'walk in order' which was described to me as a Japanese Domestic Market guitar as it was ordered in Japan to stay in Japan.

Eventually ended up in Australia via the previous owner who purchased it from his friend in Japan who was the guy who placed the order new in 2002, received it in 2003.

Guiguitarz

Oooh right !

What I know is that the owner is not very aware of these details about his guitar, he has it modified by someone else for sure and the work is not very well done ... They weren't able to find a black knob for example ...

It's a shame because of this particular headstock I could have pulled the trigger on it. Will try to work on the price with the guy.

ESP 348
Guiguitarz wrote:

Oooh right !

What I know is that the owner is not very aware of these details about his guitar, he has it modified by someone else for sure and the work is not very well done ... They weren't able to find a black knob for example ...

It's a shame because of this particular headstock I could have pulled the trigger on it. Will try to work on the price with the guy.

Good on you mate, thanks for sharing and good luck with it.

Post to Thread