Hetfield and Hammett guitars at the museum.

Updated
Hetfield and Hammett guitars at the museum.

Hi guys.

I went to a Metallica show last night and I bought the Whiplash ticket and it gave me acces to the museum. 

You could even play on the the guitars,  so I have played on the number #1 KH-2 Relic .Insane!!!

Later on some dude dropped the KH on the floor and the neck broke,Holy F... I will try to find that picture later.

So here comes some pictures of it. Enjoy.

Guiguitarz

Holy F$ù*^ Damn !!?? A bloody Asù*$ole dropped this guitar ?!! Can't believe it, those dudes have money but no care !

Henrik S.

Now with the neck broken.

Guiguitarz

Such a shame ... , fixable of course ... but think about it, Kirk did some shows with it and never had it bumped ...

Apotheosis

That's so cool that you can play on them too.

Although that might not happen for much longer if assclowns keep dropping guitars and breaking necks...

ESP 348

Awesome pics man, thanks so much for sharing.

Broken headstock!! What a shame, hope Kirk isn't upset lol.

I will laugh if they repair it, Kirk plays it, finds it sounds better than all of this guitars..................and decide to make it his #1 guitar on the rest of the tour.

Guiguitarz

That will be fun Pap  but in fact, the broken piece is not in the "conduction path" of any sound ... except for the high E tuner ..

ESP 348
Guiguitarz wrote:

That will be fun Pap  but in fact, the broken piece is not in the "conduction path" of any sound ... except for the high E tuner ..

Lol, yeah. I was only kidding. Was quite funny but.

Henrik S.

I do not hope that they will put all their guitars behind glass, I asked if I could play the snake cool, but no.

It is Cliffs original bass next to the snake coil. 

Pushead

That's awesome. It must also be a collection of guitars that don't sound very good.

Too bad I'll never have a collection of ESP Custom Shop guitars that I leave out for people because they don't sound as good as my other ESP Custom Shop guitars.

Tondog

I probably would have punched the idiot that dropped one of their guitars. That's just stupid and disrespectful not to treat them with reverence and respect.

Pushead

Anyone else notice how the diamond plate on the MX doesn't quite fit the shape of the MX?

Guiguitarz

Yep ! and those nice "Pipe wrench" custom knobs !

Henrik S.

The snake coil and Jh-2 has brass nut I didnt know that. 

Tondog

Quite a few, if not the majority of his old MX-250's did.

Henrik S.

Also the neck on the Jh-2 felt like a Gibson neck very round and thick  

Henrik S.

AntonioGuitars

More pictures with this?

ESP 348

Is that an Ebony board on that Snake inlay Explorer?

Or is it my computer monitor playing tricks on me?

The quality of the inlays looks great also, frets look a little worn also?

Guiguitarz

Looks like ebony yes, the wood grain seems very tight.

The inlays are really nice, even the rattle of the snake is drawn, tiny tiny contours.

Henrik S.

Yes that is an ebony board, I wil post some more photos of that guitar later today.

Tondog

Such a great looking guitar! I saw 5 of his MX-250's lined up in a road case in the early 90's and they all had brass nuts on them. Wonder what their theory of sound was on them back then, and if it was based on the sound coming out his live rig at the time, or what? In the studio you see a lot of bone nuts so obviously it's something he's doing purposefully.

EXPcustom

All 90's era MX250s come with brass nuts, most people don't notice because they are anodized black. If you have a 90's MX250 look at the string groove and you can see the brass.

ESP 348

You learn something new everyday, cheers man.

Post to Thread