Kh-2 vintage fake?

Updated
Keith  C.

Hey guys, looking to purchase my first ESP.  I recently got burned to the tune of $1800 buying a Strat, so I'm being extremely cautious.  I've found this one and concerned when I compare the headatock to a known authentic one (2nd image). Appears to be a lower quality wood, and just not well finished.  The serial number also seems too low to be produced in 2006. It has a COA but seems those are faked often too.  Another concern is an older post here questioning authenticity of the same guitar had a serial # K0624302

I cannot post links..it is EBAY ITEM ID: 162763216099

Appreciate any advice!

Pims

the id does not make any hits. I own 2 vintage I can help but can you just tell us where it's from, cause I see one from Romania which has a diff serial and a few from japan without any info about the serials

Keith  C.

I wasn't able to post links since I am new to the forum.  If you go the EBAY and just search "162763216099" it will show up.  The seller is in Michigan, and appears to sell high volume of all sorts of things.  

Breadfan32

Having owned 2 vintages myself at one point, both those headstsocks look legit.

i can't speak for the wood.  I wouldn't worry about it too much though.  

Pims

Maybe I can't find it cause I'm based in Belgium anyway I'd suggest you have a look at guitarscollector's website compare with other vintages but remember that each vintage being hand crafted will differ slighlty. There's no need to overreact over this.

I'd be more concerned about ouijas.

What you can also do is ask ESP about making it legit directly provided the seller sends you pics. I always have ESP guys back every ESP up but they want detailed pics

Pims

don't post links but post plain text links please they will work

Keith  C.

Oh I didn't realize ESP was willing to do that.  Do I just contact support through this site and attach the photos?

Pushead

It's legit. No worries.

The 06 at the beginning of the serial number signifies it was made in 2006. The rest of the numbers relate to the week, day and series, so having numbers that are thousands apart from another doesn't mean anything other than it was made in a different part of the year.

Pims
Keith C. wrote:

Oh I didn't realize ESP was willing to do that.  Do I just contact support through this site and attach the photos?

Yeah on customerservice@espguitars.com 

"Thank you for contacting ESP / Takamine Guitars Customer Service. We appreciate you reaching out to us. In order to better assist you with this inquiry, will you be able to submit clear detailed photos with multiple angles, of the entire instrument in question? If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Best Regards,
Customer ServiceESP Guitars
Phone: 800-423-8388
Fax: 818-506-1378"

Pims

It looks legit from the pics though, I would'nt worry and it's a great price!

Keith  C.

Thanks guys, you have been very helpful!  

ESP 348

Guitar is the real deal!! Great price also, jump on it asap if I were you.

Keith  C.

The serial number indicates the 24th week of the year, which is in June.  The COA shows production date of Oct 12.  I sent all the photos to ESP.  I'm sure you guys know your stuff and it's probably fine, I'm just shy after buying one fake already this month that was made extremely well.

Breadfan32

COA dates aren't the production day.  It's usually the day it was inspected arrives/leaves headquarters.  

So being made in June and COA date in October is normal.    

Sometimes coas will date a year after production date.  

Guiguitarz

Listing has ending ... You pulled the trigger on it tho ?!

Post to Thread