ESP KH-2 White Zombie on eBay

Updated

Well here it is:

After seeing all the buzz the Natural Ouija has gotten and the price that it's going for, I decided to put the White Zombie on eBay. Just wanted to see what it can fetch, considering it’s the only one available on the market. 

So check it out, and I hope you enjoy the pictures! But beware... the price isn't for the faint of heart. 

ESPEXP

Do you accept payment plans?!

Nathan S.

I just can't swing the  $181.00 for shipping.

BlackJack21

How about I throw in the unmarked images with the guitar as well. Free of charge. 

Nathan S.
BlackJack21 wrote:

How about I throw in the unmarked images with the guitar as well. Free of charge. 

Sold!! Let me just write out a check.......

ESP 348

Amazing pics man, best of luck with the sale!

BlackJack21

Thanks I know the pics are amazing, I'll eventually do that for all my guitars at some point.

Guiguitarz

So... the exclusivity costs 10 grounds ?! 

BlackJack21

Just checking the market mate, and also wanted to show off the pics. 

ESPEXP

What's the justification in price for the natural ouija?

BlackJack21

Lol none, but ESP can do what they want and so can anyone else. 

Sephiroth

You're paying to jump the queue G. I think there is at least an 18 month wait now on one the last time I asked. People have paid over original price before on KLs so they didn't have to wait 2 years, so the same kind of thing. If you are the patient type, you can always custom order.

Great pics BTW blackjack . Did you take them yourself? Is the background edited out?

The fretboard looks alot lighter in these pics.

Sephiroth
ESPEXP wrote:

What's the justification in price for the natural ouija?

none, the robbing bastards. Even marketed as a collectible.

BlackJack21

The last time I heard it was 24 to 36 months wait time, mine was 18 months even though I was told 12 when I placed my order. The problem is that one guy paints them and he's extremely busy so it all comes down to when he has time, and on top of that Kirk or any other important artist jumps the list if they need something done lol.

I wonder though, if someone orders one now and then when ESP finally starts painting the graphic (say 2 years from now), if ESP no longer has the license to make these anymore at that point, what happens? Are they allowed to make it or do they have to cancel the order? I'm not sure how that works. I'm no legal expert lol.

Thanks the pics are sick, I'll eventually get my others done down the road. No I didn't take them, I had someone professional do it. I figured if I was going to ask for that type of money, I would need to get some professional pics rather than ones from my iPhone.  So I spent the time making the auction, and getting the pics done. A picture is worth 1,000 words they say.

Yea the fretboard is definitely on the lighter side in these pics, but then again there's direct light on it as well and done professionally. I believe a few shots have an edited background, but for the most part he uses a black cloth setup. This one is definitely closer to Kirk's main Zombie over the GC video however.

kirkfan30

nice! You can order them I heard through the custom shop but this is one of the few in existence

ESPEXP

Hopefully Kirk doesn't see this and put a stop to production....

kirkfan30

you read my mind, very good chance he will...

BlackJack21

Ha yea and maybe he'll end up buying mine like he did with the Mummy that was sold on eBay years ago. 

Though I was told that when my Zombie first arrived at ESP in California, it was taken by Kirk because "he needed it". So I had to wait another month before mine came in. Not sure how true this story is, or if it was just bs because it was taking a while for them to finish it, but I'm on the lookout now to see if he ever plays one with the newer ESP Custom stamp on the back of the headstock, to see if this story has any merit.

load more replies (2 of 2)
RaulTx

Great guitar and great pics, congrats mate!

ESPEXP
kirkfan30 wrote:

you read my mind, very good chance he will...

Then how much would this guitar be worth?

kirkfan30

If he stops production you will probably fetch a lot of money for it but not 22k imho

Big Daddy B

As far as we know there was only 1 other Mummy that supposedly was released into the public. I believe there are at least 5 Zombies that exist/will exist aside from the one that got sent back to Kirk so we know it won't be as rare.

BlackJack21

Nothing will be as rare as that Mummy, considering it was never available to the public.

Big Daddy B
BlackJack21 wrote:

Nothing will be as rare as that Mummy, considering it was never available to the public.

What about the sunburst KH-3? That has to be pretty rare as well.

ESP 348

I see ESP eventually pulling the pin on the Zombie guitar, I reckon give it a few years and they will.

And I don't see their value doubling either, I don't see them actually going up much in value at all.

One has to remember that $15K to $20K is A LOT of money for a guitar. The market for guitars in this price range around the world is very small, unless it's a vintage Fender or Gibson. People go crazy for Vintage Fender and Gibson guitars, always have and always will.

A modern ESP guitar with some airbrushing (that is not to everyone's taste) is not going to start commanding $30K and increases in value over time if you ask me.

I don't see anyone losing any money on their investment, but I also don't see anyone doubling their money either.

I personally don't really like the Zombie guitar that much, but I *may* eventually get around to ordering one anyway so I can have it in my collection.

If I don't ever buy one before they stop making them, then that's ok also.

BlackJack21

It all depends on the market for any collectible. Nothing is ever guaranteed but to say you can't see prices ever being a certain way about something is wrong. I mean I see people paying for stamps and coins for insane prices thinking who buys this junk, but they do. Go watch Antiques Roadshow and see how much some of this crap goes for. 

Same thing with old Star Wars toys. You're parents probably would of said these toys aren't worth anything but they are now lol. I remember Metallica sigs being $1700, and now $12k? I remember when the Relic came out at $3000 I was like no way, but ended buying two of them. Same when the 25th Anniversary Rhoads came out at $7,000 and I bought two and put it on my mom's credit card. I nearly fainted at the time thinking to myself that I just spend $14k on two guitars.

There's a reason why vintage Fenders and Gibson guitars get so much money is because it's rare and people like rare things! Doesn't matter what it is. Certain baseball cards, comics same thing. I mean the Honus Wagner is a piece of cardboard going for over a million dollars. Kirk bought the Mummy poster for over $200,000.

My point is any collectible is determined on what the market demand is and the price can range to being anything. Like when Dime died, market sky rocketed for his guitars now it's faded a bit. It's like the stock market it will go up and down but there's always collectors out there buying things to add to their collection regardless of price.

BlackJack21

Here's an example:

A 2014 Martin #49 of 50 going for $100k! Who's paying $100k for an acoustic, and it's slightly used! It's $3k just to ship it. Just goes to show you.

$100k Martin D-100 Deluxe

Guiguitarz

Wow this Martin is a F$ù* piece of art !! It clearly worth the $100k ...

ESP 348

I am not going to get into it any further man, I have shared my opinion and I will stick with normally goes with things are that are collectable...........................it will only be worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

BlackJack21

Right you are Pap, right you are. 

Pushead

It's a guitar that Kirk started using in the twilight of Metallica's career. Even in limited quantities, it'll never be as desirable as a limited production guitar that he played during the more iconic parts of his career.

If you have an artist's signature guitar, and you hope to make money off it, you need to be prepared to sell it within a week of that artist's death. After that, the value fades.  In 50 years, no one will care about Metallica signature guitars.

Hell, in 50 years almost no one will care about guitars at all.

BlackJack21

Lol yea well ESP put an end to that when they started selling there limited sigs at $10-12k. But back in the day I was making bank selling Ouijas and JH-2s for more than double what I paid lol. Those days are long gone however.

Pushead

Not talking about your price, or your auction, just guitars in general.

I think Steeledge's neck-through Ouija would sell for more than this guitar would. Kirk just hasn't used the White Zombie enough for the average person to know it's "a Kirk guitar."

BlackJack21

I know us old guys would like to believe that lol. Sadly, the average person doesn't know what the old sig models even are anymore, since they've been slowly getting retired over the years. 

Hell... we had someone on here a while back asking if Kirk ever played the KH-2. I pray for his soul til this day. 

Pushead
BlackJack21 wrote:

Hell... we had someone on here a while back asking if Kirk ever played the KH-2. I pray for his soul til this day. 

I believe his question was about a KH-2 with the "KH" signature scribble on the headstock vs one with "Kirk Hammett" in a clean font.

BlackJack21

I know it was a joke lol. But I still pray for his soul.

Post to Thread