Eet Fuk on reverb

Updated
Eet Fuk on reverb

Good deal here! 

ESP MX 220 EET FUK 1989 Olympic White, James Hetfield, Metallica
https://reverb.com/item/6764058-esp-mx-220-eet-fuk-1989-olympic-white-james-hetfield-metallica

Nathan S.

alebtart

Oh my lawd 

ESP 348

Cheap.

HateEvent

Do like. 

Do not like the price. Yikes.

ESP 348

Lol, it looks mint doesn't it? Would be awesome to have in the collection.

I am sure if someone made a serious offer the seller would move on that price. Surely!

89Twinturbo

Those inlays look a little suspect.

Not trying to troll, but from other pictures of eet fuks i've seen sell on ebay and other forums, those don't look right. 

You could easily have a luthier pop out the dot inlays from an original mx220 and have these swapped in to then claim its an original "eet fuk".

ESPEXP

It looks legit to me

ESP 348
89Twinturbo wrote:

Those inlays look a little suspect.

Not trying to troll, but from other pictures of eet fuks i've seen sell on ebay and other forums, those don't look right. 

You could easily have a luthier pop out the dot inlays from an original mx220 and have these swapped in to then claim its an original "eet fuk".

Don't worry, it has been done before on other guitars.

Nathan S.

Curious if this guitar sold or not, auction has ended.

ESPEXP

It didn’t sell. I asked the guy and he said he still has it for 15k in euros.

89Twinturbo

Clearly there is a difference.  The first 2 pictures are what the seller here has and the last two are of an eet fuk that was sold on ebay a few years back by meestursparkle. 

Look at the difference of the middle finger itself.  This one is definitely fatter compared to meestersparkle and the spacing between each finger is different as well when you look at the two.  The curvature of each finger is also different.

I'm not an expert and maybe each eet fuk was different coming from ESP, but personally, if I was interested in buying this guitar, that would be a red flag unless theres documentation or some way to verify its authenticity.

ESP 348

Definitely see the difference there, but it could it still be legit.

And I totally agree with you, this is a BIG investment so you would want to be 100% sure that you are paying good money for the real deal.

Jonas

Isn't the trussrod cover wrong?

Brian6262

Hey guys! It’s been many years since I’ve been on the forum, but I am back. I’m in the market for a JH-1 or JH-2, or really any ESP Hetfield guitar. Anybody have one for sale or know where I can look for one on here?

emg3254

That price is silly just for the inlays IMO.  Buy a regular ESP MX and have the inlays done.  Save a fuckload of money.

I use to have a ESP MX Explorer that looked identical color wise, etc...., minus the inlays.

I'd rather buy another black ESP MX and have the Man to Wolf inlays professionally done over the EET Fuk at that insane pricetag. 

That seller must be crazy unless he has all the documentation proving it's 100% legit.  Even then IMO it's not worth that much.

Post to Thread