ESP Kirk Hammett guitar collection

Updated
ESP Kirk Hammett guitar collection

I finally had the opportunity to take a big family picture of all of my Hammett guitars.

I have posted pictures of these guitars here in the past, but the old family picture only had 9 guitars in it, this updated family pic now has 12 guitars in it.

**Not in this picture is my original bolt on 2001 KH2 that I couldn't fit in anywhere**

Nearly all of these guitars have not been touched or played for around 7 or 8 years now

I spent nearly 12 hours today playing, cleaning and oiling the fretboards on these guitars.

These pictures were taken before I cleaned and oiled them. Some of the fretboards were extremely dry.

I have never oiled any of these guitars in the past, not even my 16 year old KH2 which I purchased new.

A lot of these guitars took a lot of lemon oil to freshen up the fretboards.

Most of them now have much darker Rosewood fretboards that what you see in the pictures here. I will aim to get these all out once a year to oil them as it's a very dry climate where I live and it definitely needs to be done.

I have removed all the batteries this time for storage and the next time I will get this collection out again for pictures is when the new Demonology guitar arrives next year.

I hope you all enjoy the pictures and if there are any questions, please ask.

I have individual pictures of these guitars also which I may post up also.

Cheers

ESP 348

Oh, the guitar on the top row left is my new-to-me 2001 Relic guitar.

I was going to start a new NGD thread, but thought I would save it and drop the pic in here with the others.

It wasn't a guitar that I was really after, but I came across it locally here in Australia so I thought I would jump on it.

I am trying to source a new CAUTION HOT sticker for it as you can see it has faded terribly. Just waiting to hear back from a couple of ESP guys in regards to this.

Synner

Great collection guy! Thanks for sharing with us!

ESP 348
Synner wrote:

Great collection guy! Thanks for sharing with us!

Thanks man, I love sharing pics of my guitars.

One day I will get around to posting up the individual pics I took of each guitar and will then have to include pics of the new Ouija.

BlackJack21

Nice collection there Pap, man I haven't seen the KH-1 in quite a while. It was my very first ESP. Also nice score on the Relic. What number is it?

ESP 348

Hi man,

Yeah, I don't like the KH1 lol.

Love the look, don't like playing it and it goes to show that I never played it since buying it in 2010...........I went to remove the battery and there was no battery in it lol.

The battery was removed for shipping from the US, so obviously I never plugged it in to play it. But I did strum it once when it arrived before I put it away.

Breadfan32

Somebody got a new couch I see. 

Nice pics it's about time ! 

ESP 348

Cheers man, appreciate it.

ESPEXP

Looks awesome! Love the guitars...except for the DC. 

ESP 348

Totally agree with you.

Pushead

Very nice

ESP 348

Thanks Pus, appreciate it man.

frantic77

amazing!

ESP 348

Nice to hear from you man.

Angel R.

Mann out mann wat a collection. Pretty jealous lol.

Right on man, good stuff Cheers!!!

ESP 348

Cheers Angel, glad you love the guitars.

I have been having a lot of playing them, had a good play on the Relic today. That is a great guitar let me tell you.

Guiguitarz

Glad to see a fresher pic of your beautiful collection Pap !

Can't wait to see individual shots 

Is your KH-1 a bolty ?

HateEvent

Very nice!

Original Ouija, White Zombie and KH-3 Neck Thru required now?   Or you could add each variant of KH-4 with the different inlays! 

Lewis_08

Fantastic collection!!

ESP 348
Guiguitarz wrote:

Glad to see a fresher pic of your beautiful collection Pap !

Can't wait to see individual shots 

Is your KH-1 a bolty ?

Thanks man.

I will get those other pics pics up as soon as I can.

The KH1 is a bolt on neck, it's the last one I need to change out to NTB when I find a mint condition one.

When I find and buy that mint condition one, I will sell this bolt on one.

ESP 348
HateEvent wrote:

Very nice!

Original Ouija, White Zombie and KH-3 Neck Thru required now?   Or you could add each variant of KH-4 with the different inlays! 

Cheers Hate.

That is an original Ouija in that pic. From late 98 that one.

And that is a 2003 KH3 Custom Shop NTB also. I sold my 2006 KH3 bolt on earlier this year after I purchased the CS KH3.

The seller I purchased it off owned it for 5 years and purchased it off his mate who ordered it new from the ESP Custom Shop in Japan.

I would love a 2009 Black Ouija, but that can wait for now.

I would much rather the Demonology and hopefully an MV-290 if I can find one. (KH1 NTB) and then possibly move onto a White Zombie. But that is a lot of money for a peasant like me.

Post to Thread