ESP KH-2 White Zombie

Updated
ESP KH-2 White Zombie

My new guitars have finally arrived! The first two of their kind. I went ahead and doubled down lol. Thanks Jason at DCGL, and Dave R. for making this possible. 

Some pics of my White Zombie when it arrived at ESP in Cali.

A pic of my White Zombie when it was at DCGL.

Big Daddy B
ESP 348 wrote:

I also noticed the darker fretobard on the guitar on the right, but I thought it was because of the lighting in the pic.

Definitely keep that darker fretboard Zombie, if you are going to keep only one.

They both look darker than what Kirk has:

BlackJack21

The fretboards are lighter than it shows in the pic, though the one on the right is definitely more comparable to his Zombie in the Guitar Center video.

Lewis_08

Yeah the guitar on the right does look like it has an Ebony board.

ESP 348

Yeah, definitely seems to be darker than what Kirk has Big Daddy.

Would have been nice to see one with an Ebony board.

RaulTx

This guitar on stage is pretty awesome.. saw it 2 meters close on Paris last week 

Guiguitarz

Had it in my hands last week in Paris 

HateEvent

So how do they play? Much difference between them?

BlackJack21

I've only played one so far and it plays great. I need to restring it to what I like though to really enjoy it. It feels pretty comparable to the '09 Ouija. The neck might be a hair thinner but I have to check it out with the my Ouija.

A few differences I noticed between the two so far is obviously the color of the rosewood, but also the paint job isn't exactly the same since they are each hand painted. Some areas have a little bit of lighter blue, and some detail is more prevalent in areas on one than the other. Pretty incredible though how close they really look when it's made by hand, but you do notice a slight difference after seeing both a few times.

Also the truss rod covers came in directly from ESP yesterday as well.

Big Daddy B
BlackJack21 wrote:

I've only played one so far and it plays great. I need to restring it to what I like though to really enjoy it. It feels pretty comparable to the '09 Ouija. The neck might be a hair thinner but I have to check it out with the my Ouija.

A few differences I noticed between the two so far is obviously the color of the rosewood, but also the paint job isn't exactly the same since they are each hand painted. Some areas have a little bit of lighter blue, and some detail is more prevalent in areas on one than the other. Pretty incredible though how close they really look when it's made by hand, but you do notice a slight difference after seeing both a few times.

Also the truss rod covers came in directly from ESP yesterday as well.

Which one did you end up deciding to play? Any plans to do a video showcasing it?

BlackJack21

I decided to play the one with the darker fretboard, which is the one I posted pics from ESP and DCGL in this thread. It reminds me a lot of the one from the GC and Ernie Ball Paradigm videos which I like, so I know I'm keeping that one for sure. As for the other one, I'm still on the fence about either keeping or selling it so I want to keep it unplayed. Yea I will get a some more pics and a video of it together as well, just been pretty busy this last week to spend much time with them lol.

ESP 348

Interesting stuff there Big Daddy. These necks are carved by hand aren't they?

Do you think they are supposed to be all the same, but sometimes they leave more material or take more than they should perhaps?

Nothing wrong with that, just brings a more human element into it when these guitars that are hand made like they are.

Looking at your numbers there, I reckon if there was a "correct specific thickness" that ESP would run with it would be the .78/.86

Very minimal difference, which again is probably due to the fact that they are hand made and their skill set is that amazing that they can get it pretty accurate anyway.

ESP 348

Cool, thanks man. Appreciate you taking the time to share all this information.

Big Daddy B
ESP 348 wrote:

Cool, thanks man. Appreciate you taking the time to share all this information.

Don't want to hijack the thread so started a new one to discuss measurements.

CreepinDeath81

Dumb question, but you can order these through the custom shop with no hassle? I know Ouijas are out because of licensing issues. what's the story with the Zombies?

BlackJack21

Yea you can order these through the custom shop since ESP currently has the rights to use the artwork from Bela G. Lugosi, Inc. They still pay for the license to use it on the LTD Zombies, so I think once those are no longer in production, they'll stop paying for the license and won't be able to make these guitars any more. My theory anyway.

ESP 348
BlackJack21 wrote:

Yea you can order these through the custom shop since ESP currently has the rights to use the artwork from Bela G. Lugosi, Inc. They still pay for the license to use it on the LTD Zombies, so I think once those are no longer in production, they'll stop paying for the license and won't be able to make these guitars any more. My theory anyway.

Fuck, I better hurry up and order one then.

Big Daddy B
BlackJack21 wrote:

They still pay for the license to use it on the LTD Zombies, so I think once those are no longer in production, they'll stop paying for the license and won't be able to make these guitars any more. My theory anyway.

ESP does seem very trademark litigation adverse. They stopped offering the dancing devil inlay because it was based on the logo for Underwood Deviled Ham.

ESP 348
Big Daddy B wrote:

They still pay for the license to use it on the LTD Zombies, so I think once those are no longer in production, they'll stop paying for the license and won't be able to make these guitars any more. My theory anyway.

ESP does seem very trademark litigation adverse. They stopped offering the dancing devil inlay because it was based on the logo for Underwood Deviled Ham.

Lol, I never knew that about the dancing devil inlays.

Big Daddy B
CreepinDeath81 wrote:

Dumb question, but you can order these through the custom shop with no hassle? 

You might be able to order one from BlackJack with no hassle

Guiguitarz

BlackJack21

Not sure if anyone have gotten this with one of their guitars before or not, but both of the Zombies came with two certificates of authenticity. One standard and one signed by Matt the president. Pretty cool but didn't know if they did this sort of thing with other customs.

Breadfan32

That's badass.  

ESP 348

Never seen that before man.

But it's great to see and I guess he has plenty of time to sign them all because there won't be too many out there.

Big Daddy B
ESP 348 wrote:

Never seen that before man.

But it's great to see and I guess he has plenty of time to sign them all because there won't be too many out there.

My KH-4 came with 2 COAs. I think I had posted them here before but pretty sure the smaller one I got was Japanese and signed in Japan

Black Jack did the smaller COA come in like a cardboard folder?

Edit: found them

BlackJack21

No they didn't just envelopes. You know how Japan is with their stuff, they make it just a little bit better than here in the states lol.

Post to Thread