ESP Kirk Hammett KH Demonology 2017

Updated
ESP Kirk Hammett KH Demonology 2017

Finally, it has arrived.

The ESP KH Demonology guitar......

Pushead

It also looks like the green paint color and inlay colors are wrong. (Though I don't actually have an SE, but I remember Kirk's having green tinted inlays.)

ESP 348

Correct there Pus. The inlays are green on the SE and the 17th to 24 are scalloped.

The colour on the body looks pretty close to me and it looks like they got a little messy on the bottom right side of the fretboard.

Look at the last 3 or 4 frets, at the edge of the freatboard.

Road King
ESP 348 wrote:

I was really looking forward to this guitar, but I must admit................I am a little disappointed they didn't put a little extra effort into it.

I mean, how hard would it have been to have those sigils as inlays and an Ebony fretboard???

And carry those airbrush sigils completely over the pickups, that would have looked much nicer IMO.

For the amount of money these guys will be asking, that is the least they could have done.

I was pretty certain I was going to order one, but I am not too sure now.

And fuck that silly Tombstone case off, that can go with the LTD version, not the ESP version! Nothing beats the classic plain black ESP hardcase.

In Australia, the ESP version will be AU $6000 more expensive than the LTD version.

Is there $6000 extra in that scalloped fretboard and 5 minutes worth of airbrushing on those pickups?

I know what ESP Custom Shop quality is like, it's the best! But even a die-hard Hammett fan like myself struggles to see the extra money there, considering they used the same type of materials to build these guitars.

Ebony fretboard, sigil inlays, sigils painted over the top of the pickups and limited to 100 guitars would have made this guitar special and I would have happily paid $10,000 for it.

Post pics when you get it.

ESP 348

Lol, no worries RK.

I have already been in discussion with Shane from B Music in regards to this Demonology guitar.

ESP 348

I reckon you can get around AU $2500-$3000 for that guitar here in Australia man.

That's the going rate for a KH2 NTB in mint condition here. It looks pretty in mint condition in your pics, with the exception of what looks like paint on the fretboard edge. lol

BlackJack21

Looks like one of the firsts off the line.

ESP 348

Now THAT looks very nice doesn't it.

I was waiting for some "real" pics of this guitar before I made the decision to order one.

I didn't realize they painted the pickups black, that's a lot better! It's shame they didn't put a little extra paint/sigils on top of the pickups.

And that fretboard, it's a very grainy wood isn't it.

Wish they made it Ebony, that would have been awesome!! And those inlays. *sigh*

Thanks so much for sharing these pics man, I think I have just made my decision.

ESP 348

Oh, I wonder if this is Kirk's guitar?

Would have been nice to see the serial number.

Guiguitarz

Ah ! That's a bit better !

Inlays have to be updated for sure, but they won't do it ... No need to believe it.

So far, not a big fan of the sigils ... 

BlackJack21

I agree it looks better, but still feels like it's lacking something. Either way good luck on your purchase ESP348. Start making a spot under the bed for it. 

ESP 348

Yeah man, could have been just that little bit better.................but doesn't look like there are going to be any changes made now.

Might have to clear a spot under that bed of mine.

Big Daddy B

If you look closely at the pics, the reflection on the Demonology appears to be a natural Ouija without pickup covers (yet?).

Sephiroth

I thought you were joking, but I can see it in the picture showing the back /cavity plate. Maybe it's in for repair? or he's ordered another one? It looks like it's hanging on a wall. there's 3 fret protectors on the table as well. I could do with a couple of those 

Big Daddy B
Sephiroth wrote:

I thought you were joking, but I can see it in the picture showing the back /cavity plate. Maybe it's in for repair? or he's ordered another one? It looks like it's hanging on a wall. there's 3 fret protectors on the table as well. I could do with a couple of those 

yeah it's the back picture where you can see it clearly and see EMG logos on the pickups. Could be some sort of a replacement or updates on kirks for the european tour. They will send it back to him along with the ESP demonology. Just a thought.

ESP 348

Good observation Big Daddy! I looked at that guitar last night, but obviously tired from a 15 hr day at work I never picked up on it that it was a natural Ouija lol.

Very good, who knows what it's doing up there. Kirks? A CS order for someone perhaps? Who knows eh.

Road King

Kirk really loves his rosewood. Me every time I see a guitar with scalloped frets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh1ue8ZEkQk

ESP 348

Lol.

MissingLink

For paint jobs like this, the mummy, the monster stuff,  do they put on painted pickup covers?  or do they sand down and spray the actual EMGs?

ESP 348

Good question, I would love to know this also.

It almost does look like a painted cover over the top of them, but I am not 100% sure.

Post to Thread